S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

where should i mount my 4 point harness?

Old 03-10-2005, 06:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where should i mount my 4 point harness?

got a 4 point harness with my bride seat

just wondering where to mount it?

thanks
Old 03-10-2005, 08:44 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You should not mount it. Use the OEM seatbelts unless you add a rollbar and 5th point to the belt.

See this thread for further clarification: http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=143847
Old 03-10-2005, 03:55 PM

Yup, never use a 4pt belt, and never use any type of harness without a rollbar.
Old 03-10-2005, 04:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Agreed, don't install with a REAL rollbar.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I disagree.........I have 4 point harnesses installed in my 02 without a rollbar and have had no problems with them. Would you be safer WITH a rollbar installed?....absolutely, but you're no less safe with harnesses than you are with a lapbelt. I find you are more secure and more "as one" with the vehicle with the harnesses than you are with the lapbelts which allow you slide around in the seat. Even in the extremely rare instance of a rollover, I can't imagine a lapbelt would offer you any more safety than the harnesses would. I see much more advantages with harnesses than without regardless of whether you have a rollbar installed or not. I'll stick with what I have................................just my .02
Old 03-11-2005, 08:21 AM

You are 100% wrong oneaudiopro.

In the event of a head on crash your body is going to want to go forward, the only way it can do that is by sliding down under the harness, your harness wont budge and will thus travel up into your gut breaking ribs and causing internal bleeding.

If you have your harness mounted anywhere below shoulder level then your also going to have the joy of experiencing spinal compression.

You have fun with that, and next time, don't spread your misinformation that could potentially be lethal.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:43 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by oneaudiopro,Mar 11 2005, 08:32 AM
I see much more advantages with harnesses than without regardless of whether you have a rollbar installed or not. I'll stick with what I have................................just my .02
Clueless are you.

Please don't give people advice that can potentially impact their life in a negative fashion, especially something such as this that is a well known

Harnesses should be 5 point or more. They should only be used with a rollbar and appropriate mounting arrangement (typically a harness bar) and installed according to standard safety practices. To do otherwise makes them less safe than the factory 3-point belts.
Old 03-13-2005, 07:29 PM

Clueless are you.

Please don't give people advice that can potentially impact their life in a negative fashion, especially something such as this that is a well known

Harnesses should be 5 point or more. They should only be used with a rollbar and appropriate mounting arrangement (typically a harness bar) and installed according to standard safety practices. To do otherwise makes them less safe than the factory 3-point belts.

Hey Ludedude...are you going to the Cal Speedway Speed Ventures event in May?
Old 03-13-2005, 11:31 PM
Administrator

Is that the full-course + oval config? For now I'm planning on it although I'm not sure how much fun that oval will be with 140 hp
Old 03-14-2005, 01:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

stay with the factory seatbelt unless you have the proper roll bar/harness bar. In this case being safe outweighs the bling factor!

Quick Reply: where should i mount my 4 point harness?