S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

YELLOW BOX - wiring How To

Old 08-06-2007, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Installed it like GaryRudolp's post. Great write up

Cav
Old 08-13-2007, 07:06 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Very informative thread. I purchased a Y/Box a month ago and have yet to install it, but I think I'll go with the cabin splice.

I recently had 4.44 gears installed this past Friday so I'm definitely off on my speedo. In the box the gears came in, from Motorklasse, there was a notice mentioning I would be off -8.3 percent.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:07 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Everything went well last night on the install. I'm just off by a small amount now. This thread was very informative nonetheless. Thanks everyone.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by RIDGERCR,Aug 13 2007, 07:06 AM
Very informative thread. I purchased a Y/Box a month ago and have yet to install it, but I think I'll go with the cabin splice.

I recently had 4.44 gears installed this past Friday so I'm definitely off on my speedo. In the box the gears came in, from Motorklasse, there was a notice mentioning I would be off -8.3 percent.

I was thinking of getting some 4.44 gears also. This is good to know for the yellow box calibration. Anyone know what the correction should look like on the yellow box. I am the worst at numbers...
Old 04-23-2008, 11:25 AM

does anyone have pics of there yellow box already set up that would eliminate all sorts of possible complications thanks
Old 05-10-2008, 02:43 PM

so the attempt to install my yellow box has been a failure. i am not sure which part i am not wiring up right. its grounded, i get a led signal, so i am assuming my power is connected correctly. i have tried to follow in the instructions on here, but my speedomter still reads zero. i have tried splicing into the blue/white wires at multiple places, any suggestions would help. i have a 2006, and its been hard to follow because seems most if not all instructions are for ap1. thank you.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by s2sik,May 10 2008, 02:43 PM
so the attempt to install my yellow box has been a failure. i am not sure which part i am not wiring up right. its grounded, i get a led signal, so i am assuming my power is connected correctly. i have tried to follow in the instructions on here, but my speedomter still reads zero. i have tried splicing into the blue/white wires at multiple places, any suggestions would help. i have a 2006, and its been hard to follow because seems most if not all instructions are for ap1. thank you.
Ive been trying to get an answer for this issue also as i have a my07 but no one knows or no one has posted yet.

Id like to know as well. Ive spliced it at diff areas as well, including at the speed sensor, but no luck yet.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:48 AM
Former Moderator

Received 610 Likes on 373 Posts

I tried to install a Yellow Box on my MY07 with disappointing results. I followed the supposed instructions for the 06+ DBW cars, that require a more complex splice into harness. The VSA, cruise control, speedo, worked at first -- with an exact MPH display, and then I kept getting a check engine light. Then the speedometer stopped working altogether, and the VSA light flashed intermittently. Eventually the car would lose all power and stall. It was a disaster, so I removed all traces of the damned thing. I still have trouble sometimes that relate to the attempted install. I think it is a bad idea to mess around with a DBW harness and ECU. They are very different from the AP1s and also very sensitive to invasive spicing.

Anybody with an AP1 or a pre-DBW Ap2 interested in a pristine Yellow Box? j/k
Old 05-21-2008, 10:15 PM

pics of you installs would be helpful, funny thing is that i helped a guy out(and it works) and i dont even have one
Old 09-01-2009, 11:23 AM

i am trying to install a yellow box right now on my00 and I am having trouble getting power to the box. Where did you guys tap in at for power. my box is not lighting up at all. i hooked it up under the left kick panel the way gary posted on the previous page

Quick Reply: YELLOW BOX - wiring How To