S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

The &%$#@&&! Thread

Old 05-15-2024, 06:25 AM

Received 5,199 Likes on 3,115 Posts

Check healthgrades.com and vitals.com to see how other patients rate them, their education and any malpractice suits.
The following 2 users liked this post by dlq04:
Kyras (05-16-2024), Lainey (05-16-2024)
Old 05-15-2024, 03:04 PM

Received 729 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by robb
Being home for most of the last week I have been hearing a lot of political stuff on the radio and t.v. and one thing I notice that is definitely missing is any talk of politicians doing anything to help us the people as far as healthcare, rising insurance costs etc.all I ever hear is fighting among the two parties. Be nice if some politicians did something for us the people who they work for.
I’m waiting out this virus it is getting better but very slowly. I went out this morning and got some NyQuil which worked well for me today I took a nice long 5 hour nap this afternoon. So I will just keep taking it easy drink lots of fluids and wait. Thanks LaineyMom!
Don’t count on Politicians to do anything about rising health care costs or anything else for the American people. Their health care costs are covered so they could care less. Hoping you feel better soon. It has been a bad year for the flu and virus.
Old 05-15-2024, 03:16 PM

Received 3,901 Likes on 3,087 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KRAY
Don’t count on Politicians to do anything about rising health care costs or anything else for the American people. Their health care costs are covered so they could care less. Hoping you feel better soon. It has been a bad year for the flu and virus.
No I don’t count on them or expect anything from them anymore Ray it just helps me to vent sometimes but I have to make sure I don’t go off too much. I heard today that Biden and Trump are going to have a debate and I thought that things have gotten so ridiculous that why don’t they just fight each other get in the ring and go at it Thanks for the well wishes I am getting better slowly but surely.
The following users liked this post:
valentine (05-16-2024)
Old 05-15-2024, 09:00 PM

Received 752 Likes on 398 Posts

Not that it's any comfort to you all but it's heartening for me to see the same complaints over there as we have in NZ. So often comments are made here about how "third world" we've become and why can't we be more like the US, Canada and Australia. Well, it looks like we already are.
valentine (05-16-2024)
Old 05-16-2024, 10:37 AM

Received 2,874 Likes on 1,672 Posts

Our weather is still terrible, I don't have a class at the Y that I like on Wednesday or Thursday, so I'm not motivated, and I'm extremely cranky.

My sister in SC is cranky too. After discussing it a bit, I think we determined some of what is making us cranky. Today would have been my sister's (the one who passed in March) 75th birthday. We are missing both of our sisters who have passed, and I guess we may be a bit angry that they left this earth too soon.

Maybe I'll let Rick take me out to dinner to "change my mind around" as my mother used to say.....
valentine (05-17-2024)
Old 05-16-2024, 11:04 AM

Received 3,122 Likes on 1,717 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Patricia, did they go in through the groin? Sometimes after that type of entry you are lying flat with some kind of weight on your legs??? Compression??

They also may have positioned you weird during the surgery.

Also if you know any nurses, they are an excellent source of info. When my mother in law broke her arm, the ortho on call did not have a good reputation. I told them to call someone else. They did. My mother in law's nurse was a co worker's wife. She mouthed the words "Good call" to me when no one was looking. In that setting, she could not have spoken up, but she obviously had the same opinion of the doctor on call that I did.
Yes, at the right leg. I've asked directly many times in messages to the doctor and have not received an answer except that the beds are uncomfortable. Your answer is the best I've heard. I'll see the surgeon May 28th before another CT scan on May 30th. He better give me an answer!
Old 05-16-2024, 11:25 AM

Received 3,901 Likes on 3,087 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey

Maybe I'll let Rick take me out to dinner to "change my mind around" as my mother used to say.....
Sounds like a good idea to me Lainey, it can’t hurt.
Old 05-16-2024, 12:02 PM

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,459 Posts

Patty, the cutdown when they access your femoral artery hurts like hell for a while.
I had a great big bruise from mine. you are also positioned a little funny so that the weight bag can keep pressure on your artery when it is closing back up.
No pun intended but they are doing a lot of work between your legs during the procedure.
I wouldn't be shocked if some pressure isn't applied to your legs just for wrist positioning and leverage.
Kyras (05-16-2024)
Old 05-16-2024, 12:07 PM

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,459 Posts

Lainey,
I mean to be compassionate but I suspect it will sound blunt.
Your sister had 74 plus years. It can seem short compared to your Mom but how many were taken so much earlier?
My dad was 40. Embrace and rejoice for the years and memories you had with her.
valentine (05-17-2024)
Old 05-16-2024, 12:17 PM

Received 2,874 Likes on 1,672 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
Lainey,
I mean to be compassionate but I suspect it will sound blunt.
Your sister had 74 plus years. It can seem short compared to your Mom but how many were taken so much earlier?
My dad was 40. Embrace and rejoice for the years and memories you had with her.
I get it Jerry. Many have suffered losses way sooner. I'm still pissed for today at least. Two siblings in less than a year, three in less than five years. Staring to wonder who is next.
We are headed out to dinner in a bit. Carbs make life more tolerable until you step on a scale

Quick Reply: The &%$#@&&! Thread