S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

******Vintage Shoot the Breeze 2******

Old 09-26-2005, 07:49 AM

Received 2,618 Likes on 1,583 Posts

I don't think so...kinda quiet on the site lately. Besides, Matt is our official thread killer.

But you are right...Fall is gorgeous to be out and about for some top-down driving. Missing Fall Colors this year, but maybe I an arrange a local drive like a couple we had this summer. Unfortunately, we may not get the usual spectacular foliage, since we've had drought conditions here. The leaves are falling early.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:44 AM

Received 436 Likes on 313 Posts

^^ Aha, that is why the leaves are falling a bit pre-maturely this year. I was wondering if Fall had come sooner but drought must have some impact.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to everyone's good wishes and prayers. Here in Dallas (I am on the NW side) we received about 4 drops of rain and no wind. Our Houston guests went back on Saturday. Our daughters home only had one cracked window (she is on the SW side of Houston).

Looks like the old saying worked "Prepare for the worst and pray for the best"

Dan
Old 09-26-2005, 12:36 PM

Received 3,030 Likes on 1,680 Posts

Originally Posted by cordycord,Sep 26 2005, 08:23 AM
Have I killed this thread already? How about talking about Fall being the ABSOLUTE BEST time of year to have your S2K running out and about.

Crisp, clean, brisk air that's shot with the still-warm sun. Gotta love it.
I've had my top down a bunch lately. It's not too hot, finally.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:46 PM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

What's up with people in Vintage lately? Actually, it's not just Vintage; we had a ridiculous few days over in the New England forum where some of the core old-timers were bickering like spoiled children.

OK, so here in Vintage, the language hasn't been as bad, but it seems like people are posting just to piss other folks off. A few weeks ago, we had a profane poster, but I acted quickly before (I thought) he'd have any affect on us. Do you think his nastiness actually brought us down?

Is something bad in the air? Is this a sign of something?

What do you think? I don't mind telling you guys that lately I'm starting to dread (rather than look forward to) surfing around Vintage. Bad interlopers I can shake off, but old-timers bickering at each other bothers me.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:00 AM

Received 2,618 Likes on 1,583 Posts

Well, I'm not as concerned about it as you are Chaz. I think it's the ebb and flow of people's lives. We've certainly had bickering before - worse than this! As I said in my FC post, there are strong opinions out here, and some conflicting personalities. I kinda think it keeps things interesting.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:17 AM

Fair enough, Debs. Fair enough. I think I'm still a little shocked by what I saw in the New England group. It's bled over into other things.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:29 AM

Received 1,057 Likes on 540 Posts

Didn't that happen at one of the big runs a couple years ago too? This is just an observation from afar, but several names seemed to disappear out of here.

Just think how tenuous a relationship we really have. We're bound together by a car.

fltsfshr

Personally I like the diversity in here and the discourse of differences. I suppose sometimes it's hard to contain that in person, especially if there's libation involved.

Old 09-27-2005, 06:06 AM

Oh, flts, you're absolutely right. Lots of people have dropped off the planet here over time, many due to the politics from 2004's election.

Let me be clear, it's not the debate and disagreement that bothers me; if people can't take that, well then they don't belong here. It's name-calling. There's been some of that lately, and even though it's not offensive/profane, people are a bit nasty.

p.s./ I think being bound together by a car is a pretty good force; I've seen much more tenuous relationships
Old 09-27-2005, 06:32 AM

Received 1,057 Likes on 540 Posts

Gee sounds like the human condition to me.

One of the virtues of living far far away.
I guess I haven't seen it go to that level online.
Either that or I'm too thick skinned.

Being as I"ve never been to a vintage event, it got me thinking however, if there was only one person on here I'd like to meet in person, who would it be? There's lots of interesting people on here.

First I thought of Dean, I'll bet we'd have some interesting conversations. But in the end, if I could chose only one, it would be Grannyrod. I find her intriguing. She really seems to enjoy life, that reflects in her smile.

I'd love to know how she chose an S2000.

fltsfshr

Quick Reply: ******Vintage Shoot the Breeze 2******