S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

AAA credit card.....

Old 01-31-2007, 03:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DirecTV rocks for the most part, I just ordered an upgrade to HD with DVR, the picture quality has always surpassed cable.
I am a long time customer and have had no problems until I actually cancelled Center Ice since we get all the Bruins games in HD on NESN. They had already taken $37. I cancelled that sports package thinking that I will get a refund. Alas two months later still no refund. Hmmmm, so I sent them an e-mail, two days later I get an e-mail from them indicating that my next bill will show the refund since I cancelled before the season started. (two days before) I just checked my January bill online and sure enough the credit is there.
So I spoke to a human who did only part of the job. I sent an e-mail, no human, and got my refund.
Nonetheless, if you go DirecTv you will most likely enjoy it like we do.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a good one, but it's been 8 years now and I'm over it

I moved to a new apartment a couple of months before I got married. I filled in the change of address info on the phone bill and forgot about it.

When we came back from our honeymoon I sat down to do the bills and realized I hadn't seen a long-distance phone bill in a while. I called and told them the situation, and they sent a bill. A bill for over $800.

I had called to change my National calling plan when I moved, and they had dropped my International calling plan without telling me, so instead of 12 cents a minute I had paid over $1 a minute for all those calls I made while arranging things for the wedding.

I called and told them what had happened, and they admitted that they had cancelled my plan without telling me (after trying to convince me I had cancelled it just before going on an International calling spree, duh) but they were still going to bill me the entire amount.

We still had the old type fax machine at work, where you fed the paper manually. I taped together copies of my bill plus a letter with all the details, went into work early, fed it into the fax machine and taped the ends to create an endless loop and faxed it to the phone company for about two hours straight. No response.

Later that week I was talking to a friend and told him about the phone fiasco. It turned out his wife had just gotten a job at that particular phone company...in customer service. She called me at work, I gave her the details, and she credited my account $1200
Old 01-31-2007, 04:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by paS2K,Jan 30 2007, 08:03 PM
How about you? Any recent disaster stories from Credit Card Customer Non-service LaLaLand?
Out of the blue I got an email from ebay saying I need to update my account, of course I suspected it was fraud but looked into it anyways. To my complete surprise it was not fraud and ebay was warning me the charge card I have on file with them was due to expire 1/31/07. This email came to me just last week, so I called my credit card company to see where in the heck my new card was? I was told it must have been sent, what's the problem. Well of course the problem was I never received it, so I asked for a verification of when the card was sent out. Oh, what a surprise, they could not do that.

And now it gets better, so the customer service on the phone said they would mail me right out a new card. A couple days later I get the card in the mail, open up the letter and there is no information about calling in to activate the card and no sticker on top of the card saying it won't work until activated. So I call again and I'm told oh we don't require an activation call when we send out cards. WHAT? Of course when I asked how in the hell would my account be safe if this card was to be stolen in the mail the customer lack-of-service had no answer...
Old 01-31-2007, 05:20 AM

Received 2,902 Likes on 1,683 Posts

Ok, Jerry, I've got two stories, one credit card, one "other."

I cancelled my mother in law's Discover card when my father in law died in 2003. She has Alzheimer's and was way beyond paying her own bills. I had to send a letter to a "special department" with a copy of the power of attorney. A year later I get a Discover Bill on the same card for some renewal of credit protection my father in law had signed up for.

I called and went around in circles with them. They didn't want to speak to me. I explained my father in law was deceased. They wanted to speak to my mother in law. I tried to explain Alzheimer's to them.... they still were giving me a hard time. I told them the account was closed, how could they be processing a charge? They tell me they never got the cancellation and give me the address to send a letter AGAIN. I look in my paperwork and there's a copy of my original letter, sent to the address they are giving me, along with my receipt for the CERTIFIED Mail by which I sent said letter. I sent another letter along with copies of all the original mailings as well. I "think" the account is now closed.

Cancelling my own Discover card and AOL years ago was about as much fun. They don't want to let you go.

One other story. Before I had DSL I had "Call Wave" it allowed phone messages to be played though my computer speaker if I was on line. I cancelled it when I got the DSL as my phone was no longer going to be tied up if I was on the computer. The song and dance I got to keep the service or try this or that type of service was unreal. I know the guy was only doing his job, but I just didn't NEED that service now that I had DSL. It took a couple of billing cycles to get a refund for the pre-paid service. I think they thought I'd forget about it. It was more than $18.00
Old 01-31-2007, 05:30 AM

Received 764 Likes on 462 Posts

[QUOTE=Lainey8484,Jan 31 2007, 09:20 AM] . . . It was more than $18.00
Old 01-31-2007, 06:09 AM

[QUOTE=valentine,Jan 31 2007, 09:30 AM] No hoagies for you.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:19 AM

Received 118 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey8484,Jan 31 2007, 10:09 AM
I can buy hoagies AND dessert!
Or, a couple of drinks!
Old 01-31-2007, 07:21 AM

Only ONE for me! But I'll buy you one too.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:28 AM

Received 118 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey8484,Jan 31 2007, 11:21 AM
Only ONE for me! But I'll buy you one too.
and i'll gladly accept
Old 02-01-2007, 05:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=paS2K,Jan 30 2007, 07:03 PM]paS2K:

Quick Reply: AAA credit card.....