S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

and again, I take that drive.............

Old 10-01-2003, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default and again, I take that drive.............

I finish my dinner, put on some shoes, and go for a ride...........it's cool this evening, and it is great to put my head back against the seat and see the moon, just a bit less than half, but the thin clouds set off the brightness..........I am fortunate in that I live close to some wonderful roads, and over time they have imprinted into me, and they flow comfortably before me...........I feel such a part of this car, and so connected to its' controls........the transitions are in sync, the uphill sweepers and the downhill chutes, all are equally a part of the whole.....this oneness..........I think back on those cars that I shared earlier in my life, the early roadsters, both english and german, and am just in awe at how right this car is........these parts all come together and work as they should, and they bring me into it all, and it feels as if all is right with the world...............

I pull into the garage, let the car idle for a moment, and then shut it down............and there is a big sigh as I open the door..........I feel very fortunate to have this automotive experience.............

greybeard
Old 10-01-2003, 07:54 PM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Originally posted by greybeard [/b][/size]
..........I think back on those cars that I shared earlier in my life, the early roadsters, both english and german, and am just in awe at how right this car is........these parts all come together and work as they should, and they bring me into it all, and it feels as if all is right with the world...............

greybeard
Perfectly put.

Exactly how I feel.
Old 10-01-2003, 08:21 PM

Don't you wish you could just keep on driving . . .
Old 10-01-2003, 11:09 PM

Beautifully expressed, and so true!
Old 10-02-2003, 05:07 AM

Very well stated, greybeard, very well stated, indeed. We can all identify with the experience and feeling you have expressed so wonderfully.
Old 10-02-2003, 05:14 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Makes you wish there were more hours in a day
Old 10-02-2003, 05:17 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Legal Bill
Makes you wish there were more hours in a day
Makes me wish it wasn't 36.5 with bursts of icy snow. . Looks like I'm getting close to the end of the road with my S. Time to dig out the battery tender and the winterizing checklist. It's been a waayyyyyyyyy short driving season this year.
Old 10-02-2003, 12:43 PM

The top's just starting to come down out here. Our outdoor season is so opposite yours I feel like we're in Australia sometimes.
Old 10-02-2003, 02:22 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by The Professor
The top's just starting to come down out here. Our outdoor season is so opposite yours I feel like we're in Australia sometimes.
God, I envy you. Why do I live here?
Old 10-02-2003, 02:32 PM

I am sure there are advantages and disadvantages to wherever we live............I just can't imagine what would get me to leave San Diego...............she'd have to be really, really good looking...........

greybeard

Quick Reply: and again, I take that drive.............