S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Any great drives planned for the Fall?

Old 09-25-2004, 07:48 PM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts
Default Any great drives planned for the Fall?

Aside from Fall Colors do you have any great drives planned?
Old 09-26-2004, 04:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I intend to drive up through the Berkshires in Massachusetts, the Adirondacks in New York state, and the Green Mountains of Vermont in a few weeks to take in the fall colors. Unfortuately, I cannot take the fall colors tour with the group this year, but hope to be able to next year.
Old 09-26-2004, 05:42 AM

Received 117 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Glenn2,Sep 26 2004, 07:19 AM
I intend to drive up through the Berkshires in Massachusetts, the Adirondacks in New York state, and the Green Mountains of Vermont in a few weeks to take in the fall colors. Unfortuately, I cannot take the fall colors tour with the group this year, but hope to be able to next year.
I'm not going to FC 04, but have been going out most weekends and driving around the Hudson Valley.

On Oct. 16th I'll be driving the Mohawk Trail in NW Mass. with the NE Club.

Glenn,

Since you plan on being around the area, you might want to check it out.

Mohawk Trail Run

Well, gott run, am driving up the Eastern side of Dutchess County today.
Old 09-26-2004, 06:58 AM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

I never got to take my summer drive, but I did attend two great meets. In any event, my summer drive to Woodstock will now become my fall drive to Woodstock.

I-287 North to I-87 (NY Thruway) to NY 28W to Rte 212 into Woodstock, NY.

Its fall so the extra added bonus is we get to see the trees in upstate NY put on their show.
Old 09-26-2004, 04:17 PM

Received 2,801 Likes on 1,640 Posts

Originally Posted by Glenn2,Sep 26 2004, 08:19 AM
, and the Green Mountains of Vermont in a few weeks to take in the fall colors. .
If you are driving in the Green Mountains, there are a few folks over in New England (Vermont, specifically) who are often ready to roll!

Check out the New England members, maybe post when you hope to be in the area on the board.

We had a blast on a Green Mountain drive in the summer.

Rick and I, as well as a few other vintage folks will be doing the Mohawk run, check out the link POs2K gave you.
Old 09-26-2004, 04:19 PM

Received 2,801 Likes on 1,640 Posts

forgot to mention our rides for the fall.....

We were on vacation last week, so we were in the White Mountains of NH, Cape Cod, MA, and Newport RI. Had great weather and totally enjoyed the "S."

Looking forward to the Mohawk run next month.
Old 09-26-2004, 05:32 PM

Outside of Fall Colors, it's going to be hard getting away for more than a few hours. Between Hilly dealing with high school and her masters program, her free time is nearly nil. I'm trying to finish up some household projects that require outside activity before the weather turns to crap.

That said, I'm hoping to drag us up to Wisconsin for a Saturday or two of exploring the Kettle Moraine Hills areas, and perhaps over to House On The Rock area. Both are wonderfully scenic areas with lots of great roads to enjoy.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:10 AM

Received 2,621 Likes on 1,583 Posts

I'm going on a run with a bunch of other car owners (not just S's) on Oct 9th. It starts in Woodbridge, VA and since it is a surprise, I don't know the route! It will be about 185 miles, I think out toward VA wine country. Nice, fun roads out there. Anyway, it will be a great tuneup for Fall Colors. I often cruise up and down the George Washington Parkway. It is close to my place, and a beautiful road, although not one for fast driving, unless you want to get a ticket!! Also like some other local twisty roads when the mood strikes.
Old 09-27-2004, 07:48 AM

I was out and about this past weekend driving almost 300 miles on my S2000, the weather was perfect in New Hampshire and the fall colors are really starting to show. If you are coming up this way I would recommend you stay towards the Vermont/New Hampshire State lines, the colors should be peeking in a week or so. The fall color drives in this area is one thing I will miss, but I sure I will manage sometime to make it back - that would make me an official pain in the neck Leaf Peeper.

I hope to join some drives in PA once I get settled. There will also be the trips to visit the family in the area so that will give me some good seat time as well.
Old 09-27-2004, 10:46 AM

Received 3,031 Likes on 1,681 Posts

I have nothing planned with the S2000. Right now I'm looking forward to flying back for Fall Colors and bumming right-hand seats for the drive (husband, Andy, too) and the arrival of my 2005 Suzuka. When that finally comes, Andy and I can do drives together. That aught to be fun. He wants me to get some headset thingies for us to talk to each other. The walkie-talkies don't work too good. Anybody have experience with them?

Quick Reply: Any great drives planned for the Fall?