S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Car part order nightmare! Need your wisdom.

Old 11-08-2017, 03:05 PM

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Car part order nightmare! Need your wisdom.

Ok, I may be jumping the gun here but I need some advice. I ordered an ARB air locker along with an air compressor for my Sidekick through 4Wheelparts online. I took it to the shop to be installed and they called me and told me I needed a different locker (slight variation in bolt pattern) so I sent it back last week. Fedx tracking says they (4wheel parts online) received my returned ARB locker complete with my properly filled out return form Monday morning. Tonight I called to follow up and see if my new one is on its way back yet. The apathetic, rude customer service lady told me that they had checked in the compressor ($170.00) and NOT the locker ($850.00)!!!!! She said they will have to review the cameras to see what happened!!?? Are you kidding me? I said either someone made an honest mistake that should easily be corrected or I am being robbed!! How can they rely on video cameras to determine what was in the box? What recourse do I have if these scumbags say they received the compressor and not the locker and refuse to budge?!! I say scumbags without apology either way it turns out because their customer service is the worst I have ever experienced and i have spoken to several different agents through this whole process. Sorry if I am jumping the gun here and this all works out in the end after you read all of this but I am super stressed and pissed off right now and I'd appreciate any wisdom or advice you folks can throw my way. Either way I will NEVER order from this place again.

Thanks for reading

Jon
Old 11-08-2017, 03:28 PM

Received 1,568 Likes on 932 Posts

You do have the FedEx waybill which has the weight and dimensions of the package. That should be clear evidence that both items were there; the rude woman did not indicate she found rocks.

If they go past that, just ask a nice lawyer on letterhead to send a letter. Your refund will arrive shortly.
Old 11-08-2017, 03:49 PM

Thanks Cosmomiller, I feel better already. To clarify, I only sent back the Locker ($850.00) and not the Air compressor ($170.00). The compressor is installed in the truck and its fine. I appreciate the advice. Hopefully it won't come to that but i'm stressed so I want to be ready in case.
Old 11-08-2017, 04:01 PM

Received 222 Likes on 165 Posts

So take a picture of the new compressor and also, maybe its box if you have it still and send it to them.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:36 AM

Thanks guys. It looks like its going to work out. I got ahold of someone in sales who seems competent. Customer service at 4wheel parts is useless. Bad attitudes, apathetic and not good for negotiating reasonable solutions. And that is after several calls with different people. A new unit is supposed to be starting on its way to me today.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:59 AM

Received 2,607 Likes on 1,580 Posts

I've found in these situations that a letter from my lawyer has been sufficient to resolve things. Glad you were able to get it done without resorting to that.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:27 AM

Received 1,441 Likes on 966 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
I've found in these situations that a letter from my lawyer has been sufficient to resolve things. Glad you were able to get it done without resorting to that.
Sorry, if I'm being nosy... but do you have ready-access to a lawyer? Otherwise, seems kinda expensive route. I guess it would depend on what the cost of the product is.

I wish one didn't need to resort to these methods, just to get advertised products.

Old 11-13-2017, 06:55 AM

Received 2,607 Likes on 1,580 Posts

^ Yes, I've had a personal attorney for many years. I guess younger people probably don't, though. And I can only think of one time when I actually had to go this route. Was speaking in general, not necessarily related to ordering parts. Most of the time you can write the letter/email yourself (to a high-level person in whatever company it is) and state (nicely) that you hope you don't have to go to your attorney to get the issue resolved.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:57 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Be sure to inform 4Wheelparts of your dealings with "their" customer service, they need to know. If you have the name of the person in customer service you talked to even better.
Old 11-13-2017, 07:01 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would definitely contact their Customer Relations department. Also, leave a scathing review, and let them know a head of time. Usually, companies will bend over backwards to prevent bad reviews.

Quick Reply: Car part order nightmare! Need your wisdom.