S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Celebrate Life Meet - Friday Night Dinner

Old 07-23-2015, 03:00 PM

Received 982 Likes on 673 Posts
Default Celebrate Life Meet - Friday Night Dinner

If you've ever had the pleasure of attending one of my special pre-meet dinners, you know they're somewhat pricey (I admit it), but the food is out of the ordinary, the wines extraordinary and the conversation and conviviality amazing. If you'd like to join me for Friday night dinner August 7, please post and let me know if you're coming alone or bringing someone. I'll make final reservations on Monday Aug 3 so the deadline is Sunday August 2.

Here's a link to the restaurant. (Yes, that's a link) While the food may not be from the menu, I can guarantee you will leave full and satisfied.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:07 PM

Received 463 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by kgf3076
If you've ever had the pleasure of attending one of my special pre-meet dinners, you know they're somewhat pricey (I admit it), but the food is out of the ordinary, the wines extraordinary and the conversation and conviviality amazing. If you'd like to join me for Friday night dinner August 7, please post and let me know if you're coming alone or bringing someone. I'll make final reservations on Monday Aug 3 so the deadline is Sunday August 2.

Here's a link to the restaurant. (Yes, that's a link) While the food may not be from the menu, I can guarantee you will leave full and satisfied.
Ken,

Count me in. What time is the reservation, and more importantly what time do we need to leave the hotel (for planning purposes, as I plan to take the scenic route to Erie)?

As one that has attended several of your dinners in the past. May I make a suggestion?
Old 07-25-2015, 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by Matt_in_VA
Originally Posted by kgf3076' timestamp='1437692422' post='23690858

Ken,

Count me in. What time is the reservation, and more importantly what time do we need to leave the hotel (for planning purposes, as I plan to take the scenic route to Erie)?

As one that has attended several of your dinners in the past. May I make a suggestion?
I usually make the reservation for roughly 6:00pm, Matt. I haven't scoped out the timing from the hotel yet but will do so shortly. Of course you may make suggestions.
Old 07-25-2015, 05:15 PM

I usually make the reservation for roughly 6:00pm, Matt. I haven't scoped out the timing from the hotel yet but will do so shortly. Of course you may make suggestions.
When we attended one of your Chef's choice dinners, in Asheville, if I remember correctly. We enjoyed it, there were a couple of pairings that were really quite outstanding to my palate. However, in the end after several rounds (five or six, if I remember correctly) at the end of the evening several of us came away with the same thought. It would have been nice for the Chef / Sommelier to provide a hand out of the pairings so that we have something to take away. After all they are dealing with Vintage folks, that sometimes have trouble remembering names, let alone what wine went with what after a couple of glasses of Vino (perhaps on top of a cocktail before dinner). Just a thought if I may.
Old 07-26-2015, 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by kgf3076' timestamp='1437819505' post='23692384
When we attended one of your Chef's choice dinners, in Asheville, if I remember correctly. We enjoyed it, there were a couple of pairings that were really quite outstanding to my palate. However, in the end after several rounds (five or six, if I remember correctly) at the end of the evening several of us came away with the same thought. It would have been nice for the Chef / Sommelier to provide a hand out of the pairings so that we have something to take away. After all they are dealing with Vintage folks, that sometimes have trouble remembering names, let alone what wine went with what after a couple of glasses of Vino (perhaps on top of a cocktail before dinner). Just a thought if I may.
A good idea. I usually try to get a signed menu for our dinners. That shouldn't be a problem.
Old 07-27-2015, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Matt_in_VA' timestamp='1437873314' post='23692947
[quote name='kgf3076' timestamp='1437819505' post='23692384']
A good idea. I usually try to get a signed menu for our dinners. That shouldn't be a problem.
[/quote]

I.E. If i remember correctly we had a great pairing with the Castelvetrano olive that I really liked, as I like olives. But I have NO CLUE what wine went well with them?
Old 07-27-2015, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by kgf3076' timestamp='1437910559' post='23693176
[quote name='Matt_in_VA' timestamp='1437873314' post='23692947']
[/quote]

I.E. If i remember correctly we had a great pairing with the Castelvetrano olive that I really liked, as I like olives. But I have NO CLUE what wine went well with them?
[/quote]
I'll ask one of my sommelier friends. They should have a couple of ideas.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Matt_in_VA' timestamp='1438057631' post='23695192
[quote name='kgf3076' timestamp='1437910559' post='23693176']
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

My point exactly: You don't remember either.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by kgf3076' timestamp='1438069362' post='23695273
[quote name='Matt_in_VA' timestamp='1438057631' post='23695192']
[quote name='kgf3076' timestamp='1437910559' post='23693176']
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

My point exactly: You don't remember either.
[/quote]
Absolutely not! That was one dinner in a long string of similar dinners. The last dinner we attended was dedicated to Zinfadels and was hosted by two chefs...remember which wines they were? Uh, nope.
Old 07-29-2015, 06:20 PM

Received 71 Likes on 46 Posts

That's why going to MacDonalds is much easier all you have to remember is which drink goes with the big fries !!

Quick Reply: Celebrate Life Meet - Friday Night Dinner