S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

A Common Language

Old 09-15-2006, 08:54 AM

Received 4,930 Likes on 2,990 Posts
Unhappy A Common Language

A Common Language

The European Commission has just announced an agreement whereby English will be the official language of the European Union rather than German, which was the other possibility.

As part of the negotiations, the British Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a 5- year phase-in plan that would become known as "Euro-English".

In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c". Sertainly, this will make the sivil servants jump with joy.

The hard "c" will be dropped in favour of "k". This should klear up konfusion, and keyboards kan have one less letter.

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced with "f". This will make words like fotograf 20% shorter.

In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible.

Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling.

Also, al wil agre that the horibl mes of the silent "e" in the languag is disgrasful and it should go away.

By the 4th yer people wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with "z" and "w" with "v".

During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou" and after ziz fifz yer, ve vil hav a reil sensi bl riten styl.

Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu understand ech oza. Ze drem of a united urop vil finali kum tru.

Und efter ze fifz yer, ve vil al be speking German like zey vunted in ze forst plas.

If zis mad you smil, pleas pas on to oza pepl.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen this making the e-mail circuit in the past ... but it was certainly worth reading again.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:35 AM

Received 133 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04,Sep 15 2006, 11:54 AM
A Common Language

The European Commission has just announced an agreement whereby English will be the official language of the European Union rather than German, which was the other possibility.

As part of the negotiations, the British Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a 5- year phase-in plan that would become known as "Euro-English".

In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c". Sertainly, this will make the sivil servants jump with joy.

The hard "c" will be dropped in favour of "k". This should klear up konfusion, and keyboards kan have one less letter.

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced with "f". This will make words like fotograf 20% shorter.

In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible.

Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling.

Also, al wil agre that the horibl mes of the silent "e" in the languag is disgrasful and it should go away.

By the 4th yer people wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with "z" and "w" with "v".

During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou" and after ziz fifz yer, ve vil hav a reil sensi bl riten styl.

Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu understand ech oza. Ze drem of a united urop vil finali kum tru.

Und efter ze fifz yer, ve vil al be speking German like zey vunted in ze forst plas.

If zis mad you smil, pleas pas on to oza pepl.
Are you sure this isn't esparanza?
Old 09-15-2006, 11:09 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I was all behind the issue until about the fourth year. Then I'll just go start my own cult.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:18 PM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Always enjoyed dis one - zey may yet rule ze world!
Old 09-15-2006, 04:50 PM

I saw that coming. Over the French's dead bodies perhaps. The "th" sound alone would have them all biting their tongues off.
Old 09-16-2006, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by gomarlins3,Sep 15 2006, 02:09 PM
I was all behind the issue until about the fourth year. Then I just go start my own cult.
Splitter!
Old 09-17-2006, 01:45 PM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Zip, I think you meant Esperanto.

Esperanza sounds like a new "world car" from Kia.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:11 AM
Former Moderator

Received 610 Likes on 373 Posts

Zounts like Jermun. But in the US you only have to be able to understand that version of English when you buy a BMW or an Audi. For our Honda cars we need more eastern skills, rike fow to bow porite-ry!