S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Democratic Presidential Candidates

Old 01-14-2004, 04:42 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MsPerky
Old 01-14-2004, 06:49 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

34-D and Turkey. I think we've got us a winning ballot!
Old 01-28-2004, 03:35 PM

So, I don't know, kids... It's not looking too promising for Wes. I guess it's time to start looking seriously at Kerry. It's a shame; I really don't want a career politician back as the candidate.
Old 01-28-2004, 03:56 PM

Received 1,423 Likes on 1,115 Posts

Unfortunately, once again I find myself trying to decide "who is the best of the lot". I really don't find any of them inspiring. I find it easy to elliminate those who I don't like, but I'm not really enthusiastic about any of the others.
Old 01-28-2004, 04:13 PM

What's encouraging is that lots of people have come out to participate in the caucuses and primaries. I think people are energized about change. Yeah, I hear you, Rob... Although I felt very good about Clark, I think I'll have to settle for one of the other guys.

Well, it ain't over yet.
Old 02-13-2004, 04:23 PM

:settling:

:sigh:
Old 02-13-2004, 04:59 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been trying to learn as much as I can about John Kerry, since he is now the likely nominee and therefore the alternative to our current leader (a former frat house president, the latter a job for which he seems to be much better suited, both intellectually and temperamentally, than leader of the free world). Actually, George was president of the Skull and Bones society at Yale, a secret organization of rich, privileged boys (many of whom whose academic credentials might have doomed them to Speed-bump Community College were it not for their wealth and connections). Skull and Bones would make a normal fraternity look downright egalitarian.

As part of my informal research, I have been listening to Kerry's speeches on C-Span. Kerry has much better command of his brain and tongue than the current occupant of the White House, but I suppose being smarter and more articulate than George Bush would not be much of a challenge for anyone with more than a 6th grade education. The major problem I have with Kerry is that he is also a graduate of Yale. What do they put in the water in New Haven?
Old 02-13-2004, 06:15 PM

Rick,

I loathe the current administration. You are preaching to the choir (I hate that expression, but it seems apropos here).

I realize it may seem naive to many of the Vintage crowd, but I have always put my trust in the executive branch of the government. I used to believe in them, at least for the important things. They protected us from the Soviets while I was growing up, and we only engaged the military overseas while trying to help the rest of world. At least that's been my take on it. These people weren't perfect (god, no), but I believed in their character.

But this current administration of bozos has changed the landscape and lost my confidence. They sell us the big lie, and they go against the wishes of the whole rest of the world.

I'm utterly disgusted with them. Kerry's getting my vote whether I like him or not. I liked Clark, but unfortunately that's over. I just hope he doesn't walk away from politics.
Old 02-13-2004, 06:29 PM

Received 1,423 Likes on 1,115 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chazmo
Rick,

I loathe the current administration.
Old 02-14-2004, 04:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I regret to say that I've become more cynical about our national leaders -- those of both parties -- than I would like to admit even to myself. We have only a shadow of democracy left in America, and we are rapidly becoming a full-fledged plutocracy. This sad state of affairs largely falls at the feet of our so-called leaders, who arrange our laws, taxes and tax breaks, economic incentives and other rewards mostly to benefit themselves and their golfing buddies at the country club. It is no surprise to me that the majority of qualified voters never exercise their rights at the polls -- they're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Quick Reply: Democratic Presidential Candidates