S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Favorite TV Series

Old 10-08-2014, 08:27 AM

Received 5,011 Likes on 3,029 Posts
Default Favorite TV Series

We haven’t kicked this topic around in a while, so I thought I would toss it out there again.

Here are my top ones:

Hell on Wheels. Going into it’s 4 season on the AMC channel it is still as interesting as ever with great acting and realistic settings – often ankle deep in mud. In my top two.

The Good Wife. Great acting and interesting story lines, year after year. The other one in my top two.

The Black List. Mr. cool bad guy plays the part so well.

Master of Sex. Need SHO channel to watch it and yes it’s X-rated.

Chicago Fire. They don’t fight a lot fires but always lots going on at fire house.

Blue Bloods. Another main stream show that passes time well for us.

American Pickers. They end up in some really strange real-life places.

Shows that were good once but now really struggle for good scripts: Mentalist, Homeland, and Person of Interest.

Shows that I started liking but turned weird and are hard to follow: Orphan Black on BBCA, The Bridge on FX.

Shows I’m looking forward to returning: Downton Abbey on PBS, Newsroom on HBO, True Detective on HBO.

While it may appear that I (we) watch a lot of tv, that’s not the case. Thanks to a video recorder we work these shows in when time permits because Red Wing Hockey always come first.

So let’s hear from you and your picks…………….
Old 10-08-2014, 09:11 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,618 Likes on 1,918 Posts

Only current favorite for me is Manhattan on WGN, most everything else we watch is either on BBC America, HGTV & Velocity channels.

I/we gave up on sitcoms a few years back, used to watch House until it got weird. Not sure why shows all tend to go this route, start off well but then go astray.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:02 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Blacklist
Blue Bloods
Person of Interest (I'm hanging on, but agree, it is not what it once was.)
Motive

My wife likes Castle and Once Upon a Time. (I used to like Once, but am losing interest.)
Old 10-08-2014, 10:04 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Forgot...

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:51 AM

Received 192 Likes on 101 Posts

I made the conscious decision against getting cable TV about 5 years ago. I live on the top floor of my apartment building and I still use rabbit ears for broadcast TV reception. I have a Chromecast device and I use that to watch Netflix streamed from the app on my phone using the WiFi connection to my cable internet. Sometimes I'll watch tv shows on the browser on my laptop and stream the feed using the Chromecast device to my TV.

If I happen to be home when these are on regular TV, I watch:
The Black List (but I suspicion I'll lose interest soon)
Blue Bloods
Elementary
Person of Interest
Whose Line is it Anyway?
The Big Bang Theory (but not as much anymore)

Occasionally I'll watch Castle, but it's currently on Monday nights at the same time as The Black List.

I used to like The Mentalist, but have lost interest and pretty much never watch it unless I don't feel like picking something else to watch or am too lazy to just shut off the TV. I don't even know what night it's on anymore.

On KCET -- Borgen (I really love this show so far!)

On ION TV and/or Netflix: Flashpoint, Numbers, Leverage, and occasionally The Listener.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:25 AM

Received 2,796 Likes on 1,638 Posts

Not in order of preference.

The American Pickers

Good Wife

Madam Secretary (new show)

Gracepoint (just watched first of ten episodes) will watch more

Resurrection (weird, but still watching)

Big Bang Theory, but don't care for much of the rest of that evening's line up, will probably watch on demand

NCIS (the original one)

NCIS New Orleans

Grey's Anatomy

Scandal

Rick still watches Survivor

We will also tune in to car related shows, like Fast and Loud, Counting Cars, etc. Of course Top Gear BBC.

He watches other stuff on History and Discovery that make me want to

I wish I had the guts to cut the cable cord, or step down to basic only. I have Net Flix I could stream, I have Amazon Prime, I could get the Google thing or Hulu, but I've not looked into any of it at this time, and there are some cable channels (not basic) that we do enjoy.
Old 10-08-2014, 04:50 PM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

South Park
Old 10-08-2014, 05:12 PM

Received 117 Likes on 78 Posts

Modern Family
Top Gear (BBC)
Top Chef
Wheeler Dealers
Parks and Rec

Elaine likes:
Person of Interest (I used to)
Homeland
Old 10-08-2014, 05:44 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Guns of anarchy
Boardwalk Empire
Suits
House of Cards
NCIS. Original and LA.
Amazing Race
Old 10-08-2014, 05:54 PM

Received 192 Likes on 101 Posts

Hmm. I guess I do occasionally watch one of the Gordon Ramsey Chef shows if it happens to be on, but darned if I know which one. Home cooks from all over the country competing. I think it's interesting to watch *other* people cooking.

And if I happen to be where there is cable TV, I like the home improvement channels (HGTV?) where they flip houses and stuff. Nifty renovations and house hunting. Saw one about this couple who wanted to move to Costa Rica and live in a tree house development. Crazy stuff. Looked lovely. I just googled it. Finca Bellavista, Costa Rica. That show was House Hunters International.

http://www.fincabellavista.com/

Quick Reply: Favorite TV Series