S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Vintage Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-vintage-owners-117/)
-   -   Ferrari Encounter - Is this typical? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-vintage-owners-117/ferrari-encounter-typical-156436/)

Matt_in_VA 11-10-2003 06:05 PM

I have several observations after surfing through this forum. I wish that I had made notes along the way to respond specifically to some of the comments that were made.

First, and foremost I will lead off with the comment that just because one can afford the "ultimate driving machine" it does not make one the "ultimate driver"! Heck, I work with a yuppie type female that has a BMW 328, she did not even know if it had a four or six cylinder engine. We were recently at a government facility as part of our work which required the MP's to do a vehicle security check. When one of the MP's asked her to pop open her hood and trunk (for inspection) I had to show her where her hood latch was. She has been driving this car since 1997! I now refer to her on this site as "clueless in Arlington".

BTW, she is the same person that does not consider race drivers as atheletes!:(

Just because one can afford it, does not mean that one deserves to have it!

Regarding the wave or light flash issue, I went through a simular point in time back when I was riding motorcycles. Back in the early 70's every one on a motorcycle waved. Then the first fuel shortage came along and an influx of new riders attracted by the fuel economy that were newbies and did not have a clue. Then at some point Harley riders would not wave to people on "rice burners". Now that upscale baby boomers have discovered Harley's they don't wave to others at all. I believe that we may be experiencing the same thing with other S2K owners that are buying up the 2000 and 2001's that are for sale or coming off of a lease and they are buying them because they are "cute" but don't have a clue that they are special. I believe that quite a few people that buy S2K's have NO CLUE as to what they are buying. Over the last few years when I was "lusting" after one I would check web sites like www.cars.com and www.carmax.com, etc and was always amazed by how many were for sale with under 5,000 miles on them.

The size of one's heart and integrity has never been measured by the size of one's wallet or bank account. How many co-workers do you know that do not have the common courtesy to say "good morning" to the receptionist at your office, or to the janitor in the building in which you work?
:rolleyes:

gswetsky 11-10-2003 09:59 PM

Sorry to be so late with this..........

Pulled into a McD's for lunch today, and parked in an isolated corner spot within the lines. As I was getting out, a Modena driven by a young man, I would guess around thirty, (w/ his peroxide blonde, silicone included) pulls up besides me and takes 2 spots on a diagonal. He gets out and I mentioned to him 'nice car' to which he just ignores me. I left it at that.
An exception for Ferrari owners. Next time, move your car to be parallel to his on his driver's side and close enuf that he can't get in. Then get out of your car and stand a distance from him just so you can see the proceedings. but out of conversation range.

Would I do this? Maybe.....

Gerry
Milton, FL

Dex9 11-11-2003 06:03 AM

That's a bit too confrontational for me; but I understand your sentiment.