S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

A Grateful Granny here

Old 05-03-2005, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Granny, glad to hear you're up and about. We just got back from Charlottesville and Sheila was wondering how you were doing. I'll let her know. You can't keep keep a good woman down
Old 05-04-2005, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by zcarcrazy,May 3 2005, 04:49 PM
Granny, glad to hear you're up and about. We just got back from Charlottesville and Sheila was wondering how you were doing. I'll let her know. You can't keep keep a good woman down
Thanks again to all my well-wishing buddies. I really appreciate your concern. I feel so loved. Update: I am starting to feel the effects a bit more as my body starts to come out of shock. I must be hardheaded because I refuse to take off because the pain's not that bad but my southern vintagers know what a hard head makes, right? I may take off the rest of the week. Preliminary damage to the car stands at 4k before disassembly to check out frame and suspension damage. I still can't believe not one piece of glass was broken considering how hard I hit that mountain, twice, no less.

Now on to the tire dilemma. Any input from the gallery? Billy's checking them out for me but I'm wondering if I should replace all of them after being banged up like that.

Thanks again to the greatest group of folks in the whole wide world. Sorry I scared you so Lainey on your first Vintage outing. But all's well that end's well, right? Poor Lainey.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:54 AM

Received 2,665 Likes on 1,596 Posts

^ Yep, we suthin' gals are tough...Granny, if Billy is checking out the tires for you, that is good. No need to replace the front ones unless necessary. Tires are expensive!! Even if not on top of those other repair costs. I think we were estimating about $5K, so it seems to be on target to be about that. Good luck and keep us posted...and please take the rest of the week off!
Old 05-04-2005, 07:05 AM

Received 2,827 Likes on 1,652 Posts

Originally Posted by grannyrod,May 4 2005, 10:47 AM
Thanks again to the greatest group of folks in the whole wide world. Sorry I scared you so Lainey on your first Vintage outing. But all's well that end's well, right? Poor Lainey.
Don't worry about me Granny, we'll be back for another ride.

I've never seen anything quite like that "up close and personal" I was so relieved you were OK. No one was driving crazy, that's why they are called "accidents."

For a minute I thought I was watching NASCAR on TV.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by Lainey8484,May 4 2005, 09:05 AM
For a minute I thought I was watching NASCAR on TV.

You did say I was up on two wheels there for a while, didn't you? Too funny.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:25 AM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Sis,

I didn't get to see your car after the accident. Was there any sheet metal damage or was it all underneath?
Old 05-04-2005, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by MsPerky,May 4 2005, 10:54 AM
^ Yep, we suthin' gals are tough...Granny, if Billy is checking out the tires for you, that is good. No need to replace the front ones unless necessary. Tires are expensive!! Even if not on top of those other repair costs. I think we were estimating about $5K, so it seems to be on target to be about that. Good luck and keep us posted...and please take the rest of the week off!
Tires are cheap, real cheap compared to the results of worn tires. I attribute part of my "incident" to worn inner front tires. I had only glanced at the outer tread ... didn't notice the wear on the inner portion of the front tires.

Order 4 new tires from Tire Rack if they are even 1/2 as bad as they look in the picture I posted:

Old 05-04-2005, 07:33 AM

Received 2,827 Likes on 1,652 Posts

[QUOTE=grannyrod,May 4 2005, 11:20 AM]
Old 05-04-2005, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by ralper,May 4 2005, 09:25 AM
Sis,

I didn't get to see your car after the accident. Was there any sheet metal damage or was it all underneath?
Sheet metal damaged looked minor to me but with a broken rotor (I think that's what it was), I'm thinking there's plenty of damage underneath. Of course I have no idea, just guessing. Maybe the guys who did see the car can comment on what they saw/think. I'll let you know what the shop says when they break it down.

Didn't check for inner wear, D, hummmm.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:40 AM

Received 2,665 Likes on 1,596 Posts

^ I agree about the tires, Eliot. I assume Billy is checking the tread out thoroughly, which is why I mentioned perhaps not needing new front ones.

Quick Reply: A Grateful Granny here