S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Have you thought about your next vacation?

Old 01-17-2005, 04:47 PM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts
Default Have you thought about your next vacation?

I'm curious. Have you thought about your next vaction? Where are you going? What are you planning?

I ask because it's the time of year that Liz and I start to think about where we'd like to go and what we'd like to do. So far, except for a few "well maybes" and a few "that could be interesting" we haven't been able to come up with any good ideas.

How about you? Where are you going?
Old 01-17-2005, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're going to Rockland, Maine for the Lobster Festival this year. The plan is to eat lots of lobster and steamed clams, as well as visit my childhood haunts.

Dean
Old 01-17-2005, 05:17 PM

Received 2,796 Likes on 1,638 Posts

Hey Dean!

Let us know if you pass through Massachusetts and have some time to kill before heading to Maine!

We'll hit the road with you for a bit!

Lots of the New England folks are always up for dinner and a quick drive!
Old 01-17-2005, 05:21 PM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Dean

If you're driving up via I-95 and you need a place to stop, we're not too far out of the way.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:24 PM

Received 2,796 Likes on 1,638 Posts

In July we hope to be spend a weekend on the Green Mountain Tour , with the New England group. It was a good time last year.

August we have a week off, we will hope for good weather and plan to stay in our area, enjoy the car, and hopefully spend some time at the beach.

In September we are planning a trip to Disney World with our son, daughter in law and granddaughter. It will be great to see Disney through the eyes of a four year old!

We have also allowed some vacation days for Spring Fling and Fall Colors, and hope all our plans work out.

We like to go on a warm weather trip in late March or early April, to Florida or the Caribbean, but the Disney trip is taking most of the "official vacation budget" this year.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:47 PM

Thanks very much for the very kind offers, Lainey and Rob. We're not going to be able to take the S. We're flying to CT to pick up my mother then drive her to her 54th high school reunion, which is also going to be held in Rockland.

Dean
Old 01-17-2005, 06:31 PM

The first three weeks of July we're driving through New York and circling up to Maine. No itinerary yet, and not sure of our return route; the entire trip will probably be a "point the car and go" type of thing. We're putting together a list of things to see, so that may guide us somewhat.

We're taking the Accord, as Hilly's Mom will be coming with us. The three of us did a similar trip in 2003 (3 weeks to Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone, Glacier N.P and lots of places in between) and we had an absolute blast. We stayed off the interstates as much as we could, and it was so much fun to see the "Americana" that most people miss when they drive cross country.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:17 PM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by dean,Jan 17 2005, 09:05 PM
We're going to Rockland, Maine for the Lobster Festival this year. The plan is to eat lots of lobster and steamed clams, as well as visit my childhood haunts.

Dean
Dean, Where did you grow up? And when it the Lobster Fest/ Mom's Reunion

We Maine....anywhere along the coast Our son starts his senior year this month at Bowdoin College, so we have another year of excuses to visit
Old 01-17-2005, 07:24 PM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by ralper,Jan 17 2005, 08:47 PM
I'm curious. Have you thought about your next vaction? Where are you going? What are you planning? ....
Hmmm....I love travel almost as much as ing the S2000 In the works:

*Long weekend in Chapel Hill area in early February to visit my only cousin
*Long weekend in Berkley Springs WV in April
*A week with our kids somewhere over the summer....Cape Cod or Outer Banks
*And the biggie: Looking at 2-3 weeks in New Zealand in September or October

^^My longterm consulting gig will be over by Labor Day 2005, so I'll be footloose for a month or two....looking for the next opportunity to make a buck
Old 01-17-2005, 07:54 PM
lig
Community Organizer

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

San Diego in March for the big S2ki Headquarters meet.

Quick Reply: Have you thought about your next vacation?