S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Honda Ridgeline

Old 03-29-2005, 09:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too sad.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ralper,Mar 29 2005, 09:01 PM
I think the S could lose some of it's charm as a daily driver. I know I'd feel at a loss for its lack of space and capacity. Sometimes I might not be in the mood for the exhaust noise and sometimes I might want to be pampered instead of challenged.
On my commute home today through the cool, brisk spring air, I was wondering about why I was the only one who didn't choose to stay inside a box while driving around.

Then I realized that they all thought they were pampering themselves by driving around in the biggest boxes they could afford, throwing their cocoons around as much private space as they could enclose.

In the meantime, by closing off their own little spaces, they were leaving all the rest of the world to me. I had infinite head room and infinite shoulder room - not lacking for space at all!
Old 03-30-2005, 05:43 AM

Received 137 Likes on 88 Posts

When all is said and done the S is still just a car, and for those of us that use the S as a daily driver, I imagine it can become a bit tedious having to deal with the inconveniences. (Lack of space)

I have seen a slight upturn in the those seeling off recently to head off to the Ridgeline. This seems quite odd to me (please keep in mind I do not like SUVs), but it is a Honda and gives a lot more utilitarian appeal.

I have considered selling mine in the past but for now, it's a great garage queen, so I'll be around a little longer.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:44 AM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Warren J. Dew,Mar 30 2005, 01:33 AM
[ ... ] by closing off their own little spaces, they were leaving all the rest of the world to me. I had infinite head room and infinite shoulder room - not lacking for space at all!
This is classic, Warren!
Old 03-30-2005, 05:50 AM

Its heading towards 80 and sunny in Dallas today. All I see is Ford, Dodge, and Chevy truck owners looking at me with the top down wishing they could do the same. By the way over 50% of the new vehicle sales in Texas are trucks.
Going on over 5 years as my daily driver and I still love it. Regardless of the traffic makes going to and from work a joy.
I do have an SUV for those necessary runs to Homedepot and Lowes.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:27 PM

Your two S2000s put together (the wrecked '02 and the new '04) together weigh 380 pounds less than just one Ridgeline. 6050 lb to commute in. Give me a break!

How long do you expect to own in and what do you think the average cost of gas will be during that time?

I love the Ridgeline as a truck, but I doubt that anyone who got by with an S2000 (or '93 Prelude) as a daily driver really needs a 6050 SUT.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:56 PM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Barry

How is the pediatrics world of wyoming? We're still waiting for your return to Wynnewood/ Swarthmore....

PS- Wha happen to your Member Badge
Old 03-31-2005, 05:26 AM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Barry, that can't be right. Are you looking at the gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR)? If so, that's not the weight of the vehicle.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:52 AM

Sorry to hear you two are making a change, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Just my own personal experience, my S is my daily driver, winter and summer, fair weather and foul. Our kids are grown and gone, and my wife's Accord is the typical mid-size 4-door sedan for when we need the room and a small dose of luxury, so I can get by with a small car for myself.

I haven't been impacted by a lack of room with my S, nor have I felt that driving a manual transmission in rush-hour traffic is a problem for me. I'm quite comfortable in the car, fitment-wise, and the trunk has enough room for my needs. I guess I just feel so connected to the car when I'm in it that anything that could be called an issue falls down to the noise level. For me it's turned out to be the perfect car.

Again, just my own personal feelings about my situation...
Old 03-31-2005, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Chazmo,Mar 31 2005, 07:26 AM
Barry, that can't be right. Are you looking at the gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR)? If so, that's not the weight of the vehicle.
My error!
Curb weight is only 4503 lb for the Ridgeline, approximately 1.5 S2000s.
Barry

Quick Reply: Honda Ridgeline