S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

How many times a week do you eat meat?

Old 10-23-2003, 08:28 AM

Received 2,992 Likes on 1,664 Posts

I have never really liked meat. I won't eat a steak. Hot dogs or hamburgers on occasion or turkey burgers, so maybe once a week. I love shrimp, scallops and alaskan king crab. Don't think I've ever eaten anything exotic.
Old 10-23-2003, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kyras,

Do a bit of research, I'll bet you will find some exotic stuff in those hot dogs you eat.
Old 10-23-2003, 09:16 AM

I'm omnivorous. And I'll eat meat two times a day if it's sits in front of me. I'm a member of PETA (people enjoying tasty animals). Stole that from another member.

However I do limit meat to what is classically known as muscle tissue. Organs are off limits. Sounds nasty when it's put that way.

I love all kinds of veggies, and fish. Raw, cooked doesn't matter. Yum! I'm hungry now....gotta go.--ml
Old 10-23-2003, 10:35 AM

Received 133 Likes on 85 Posts

I eat meat, fish, or eggs with every meal. I also try to eat veggies with every meal, but it's tough with breakfast. (no potatos).
I agree on the rocky mountain oysters .

The oddities, ostrich, kangaroo, rattle snake, alligator, cactus (prickly pear, the fruit and the leaves?), tripe, fruagrau(SP duck liver), buffalo, sea urchin (uni, yech).

Off the list sweetbreads, haggas, blood pudding, anything that I can't identify as once having been meat, and sea urchin again....never again.
My favorite name for a food, Spotted Dick. It is some kind of English desert, that's one the I just can't justify.
Old 10-23-2003, 01:05 PM

It just occurred to me that the one thing I refused to try in the P.I. was Baloot. For those of you who are unfamiliar Baloot is a duck egg that has been allowed to develop and is then removed from the nest a short time before the embryo should hatch. It can then be eaten. The Baloot salesman was my alarm clock while in the P.I. He would walk by the house every morning at 5am yelling Baloot. The mere thought of this was enough to wake me and turn my stomach at the same time.
Old 10-23-2003, 01:09 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I can't believe some of the stuff you guys eat.
Old 10-23-2003, 02:10 PM

It's not so much a religious issue but no blood sausage for me. No blood of any kind. Any meat I consume must have been butchered correctly. You might say in the Kosher manner. It's just healthier.

No Baloot either.

Kyras: Better watch them hot dogs. Stick to Kosher beef franks if you must eat hot dogs. Unclean meat products are not allowed in Kosher meats. No organ meat which go into your regular hot dogs. Everything from the slaughter house floor goes into hot dogs. Lips, elbows, eyelids and other unmentionables if you get my drift!

I'll pass on the spotted dick thanks!
Old 10-23-2003, 02:35 PM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jrfblueeyes
It's not so much a religious issue but no blood sausage for me.
Old 10-23-2003, 02:44 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jrfblueeyes
It's not so much a religious issue but no blood sausage for me.
Old 10-24-2003, 07:20 AM

Wind up eating meat about 3 to 4 times per week. Rest of the time it is chicken or fish. Found the best place for fish is Central Market here in Dallas (Plano). All the fish is fresh and not "fresh frozen". They also pack it in ice so that it stays fresh till you get home. Dakotas in Addison is a great restaurant if you have a taste for game. They always have a great menu of bear, boar, deer, etc. Preparation and service are great.
It is interesting to see the reaction to eating organs. Sweet bread, brains, tongue, etc. must be an acquired taste.

Quick Reply: How many times a week do you eat meat?