S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

I need some help please....

Old 09-15-2003, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some help please....

I tried to looks this up on previous forums however, I could not find any.
I want to get the glass conversion, but I have no idea where to begin. Where to buy it, how to install it, ect. Does the top still go down if I have to glass conversion? How much do you think it will cost?
One more thing, I want to get some rims because my treads are gone. And I dont feel like buying tires for 600+ or whatever the price is, instead I rather get some 18's with tires. Looking at under 2 g's. What kind of rims are decent that come with decent tires? Cause i'm sliding everywhere when it rains. One more question, do my tires have to be the same width if I do get new tires? lets say I want to get some 18's and they come with all 225s. Is that ok? well, your help is greatly appreciated. I know i'm a amateur. THanks
Old 09-15-2003, 03:12 PM

I remember seeing some glass convertible top conversion. Think it is getting a MY2002+ top and replacing the old one. This is actually an easy search since this topic is not that common. Here is the search link with "conversion glass top" :

http://search.s2ki.com/search.php?ps=10&q=...rd&dt=back&dp=0

The library section has some good beginner information on wheels and tires. A good read before you make a decision.

https://www.s2ki.com/article/archive/10/

You should not get tires that are the same size in the front and back. This will cause your car to oversteer more than it does now. This sort of tweaking should only be done by experts, since you could make it work with some big bucks into suspension tuning. At the top of the tire and wheel forum has a note about proper tire sizes.

For preliminary look at tire an wheel packages, click on the Tirerack banner at the top of the tire and wheel forum. It has some easy packages and virtual showroom to browse through. This will give you an overview of pricing. Of course the other sponsors have a big selection of wheels also. The important thing is to get the right offsets, so your tires don't stick out beyond the fenders. This will cause tire rubbing, fender damage and just looks cheap. Here is a link to a big list of S2000 wheels.

http://s2000.byteserve.com.au/wheeloptions...?_function=list

Consider the wheel weights. Big 18" wheels are typically heavier than stock and can make the car feel considerably slower. If this is not a concern there are many affordable wheels. If performance is important you will have to pay more money for strong lightweight forged wheels.

Search the site there is tons of threads on wheels. Do your research to make sure you get what you want.
Old 09-15-2003, 04:46 PM

thanks a lot