S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Vintage Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-vintage-owners-117/)
-   -   I'm Fat, 2019. Please join me! (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-vintage-owners-117/im-fat-2019-please-join-me-1190682/)

S1997 03-27-2019 07:06 AM

^^^ I agree. It helps to keep you on target...

Legal Bill 03-27-2019 07:15 AM

So three days in a row at 168.2. I did cheat a bit yesterday. I ate some salami slices (about 5 of the small size) and I had three thin Oreos after dinner. Yesterday I had a big workout. 30 minutes on the elliptical, 20 minutes on the treadmill and then about 25 minutes lifting weights. In the past, I have found that I do not lose weight the morning after I lift. I think it has to do with water retention. So I'm trying not to get frustrated. Instead, today I double down on my diet. Tonight it will be the "mill and elliptical and abdominals.

Hertz Donut 03-27-2019 12:25 PM

I'm feeling pretty horrible at the moment, pretty sure I have a...uh...backlog in my system. Eating nothing but nuts for the next while to try and work things through.

(Sorry to anyone eating while they read this...)

MsPerky 03-27-2019 01:25 PM

Did not realize that nuts were the solution to that problem. :) Hope they work.

dlq04 03-27-2019 02:00 PM

Day 9 of zero +/-. I would think the scale is broken if I didn't know better. Stepped up the walking by 50% but that has no impact. Bill, I am exactly like you when it comes to cold water. Probably why I like the gater aid is I drink it warm from the pantry. I guess I hadn't really thought about the aspect of allowing water to become warm. I'll have to consciously think about trying that.

Hertz Donut 03-27-2019 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by MsPerky (Post 24582582)
Did not realize that nuts were the solution to that problem. :) Hope they work.

It depends on how the nuts are prepared. I'm having basically raw walnuts, hazelnuts and pecans, skins on, with a smattering of pine nuts and sultanas to take the edge off them. May not work for everyone but if I have enough nuts it triggers a purge (again, apologies to the diners).

Legal Bill 03-28-2019 07:06 AM

168.5. Boooo! I did have a large portion for dinner last night. But again I had a very good workout after dinner and then no snacks.

I need to change things up. I’m cutting out the carbs today.

dlq04 03-28-2019 07:39 AM

Looking back on this thread I realize I've been the same weight since March 16. 180. Zero change. This is really getting discouraging. I'd swear the scale is not working but the wife said she gained 1/2 pound. That zero carb diet seems short lived for continual loss; yet it worked so good at the start.

Ok Bill, I'm going to do your Water Trick. 3 glasses down and 5 to go.

Legal Bill 03-28-2019 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by dlq04 (Post 24582822)
Looking back on this thread I realize I've been the same weight since March 16. 180. Zero change. This is really getting discouraging. I'd swear the scale is not working but the wife said she gained 1/2 pound. That zero carb diet seems short lived for continual loss; yet it worked so good at the start.

Good man. Stay near the bathroom, and remember, no alcohol today.

buckeyesue 03-28-2019 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by dlq04 (Post 24582822)

Dave, I sort of hate to suggest this, but maybe you might need to lower your calorie intake.

I haven't looked back on this thread, so I don't know how much weight you have lost. As you lose weight, though, your body will require less calories than it did when you were at your higher weight.

Maybe, you have reached the point where the calories you are taking in is the right amount to maintain your new lower weight. If that is the case, you might have to reduce your calories in order to start losing weight again.

Others might not have to reduce their number of calories to keep losing weight because maybe they are already eating a very low number of calories, less than their new lower weight requires, so they will keep losing weight.

(For example, if someone were eating only 600 calories a day in order to lose weight, he would not have to reduce the number of calories any more, because 600 calories is still less than the number of calories required to maintain his weight, even his new lower weight.

And, if the person is eating a low number of calories, even lower than required by his new lower weight, he would keep losing weight. And, he would have to add calories back so that he does not keep losing weight once he reaches his "goal weight.")