S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Insomnia

Old 03-27-2019, 05:10 AM
Former Moderator

Received 610 Likes on 373 Posts

From the Houston Chronicle today. Remedy for insomnia?
Old 03-27-2019, 11:20 AM

Received 4,926 Likes on 2,987 Posts

^ I've got a location picked out in Ann Arbor that sounds very professional like the one mentioned in the article. If the pain I encountered last year returns I plan to get my card and stock up. Although I wake up 2 or 3 times during the night due to arthritic pain in my shoulders I can usually sleep on my other side for a couple hours before I have to switch back. I'm sure if and when I go to Ann Arbor for pain I will try a "night cap" as well.
Old 03-29-2019, 02:18 AM

Received 2,742 Likes on 1,617 Posts

Not insomnia, just awake rather early. Some old people aches keeping me awake and a maybe a few butterflies over my big day today. It's like Christmas morning and the last day of school rolled into one! I got up and wrote out thank you cards for my retirement parting gifts, and looked in my bank account to be sure all my vacation pay showed up. It did! I guess I process payroll correctly.
Old 04-05-2019, 05:10 AM

Received 1,400 Likes on 763 Posts

My wife was diagnosed with sleep apnea about a month ago, and has started using the CPAP deivice this week. She seems to be sleeping much better, and has had no problems with it, except for the mask occasionally becoming unsealed from her face. When she first put it on, our dog, who sleeps with us, looked at her like "WTF is that?!"
Old 04-05-2019, 06:43 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene
My wife was diagnosed with sleep apnea about a month ago, and has started using the CPAP deivice this week. She seems to be sleeping much better, and has had no problems with it, except for the mask occasionally becoming unsealed from her face. When she first put it on, our dog, who sleeps with us, looked at her like "WTF is that?!"
I'm very happy for her and slightly jealous. I could not get used to it.
Old 05-22-2019, 10:15 PM

Received 2,958 Likes on 1,644 Posts

I can't get to sleep. La la la la la la...
Old 05-23-2019, 02:53 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

There was someone in a nearby room crying and moaning all night. I called the front desk and they checked it out, but the crying and moaning never fully stopped. I’m still hearing it now and then.
Old 11-17-2019, 01:25 PM

It has been a year since this topic started. At the time I was having severe nerve pain in my lower back due to degenerative disc disease. For whatever reason it was much worse than any arthritic pain I'd ever had before. I tried ice, heat, X-rays, doctors, back brace, orthopedic recommended exercises, physical therapy, etc. Several of you shared your personal experiences is dealing with severe pain and sleeping issues. Thanks again. I really appreciated the insights into the unknown (to me) world of medical marijuana, CBD oil, and the like. Eventually over time, several months, my back nerve pain went away for the most part. So I never made the journey to the dark side. Starting 12/1/19 recreational marijuana is legal in MI. I would not be surprised to learn almost every person on this board has tried it except my wife and myself.

I was just given a free new bullet in my fight should the pain reoccur by someone who knew what I had gone through. A bottle of Powder Hemp's pure hemp CBD oil which states it was proudly manufactured in Colorado by Gunbarrel Organic Extractions Ltd. The recommended dosage is 0.5ml (half droplet), once or twice a day. The wife is not ready to give me the green light to use it but no matter, when I am ready I will.
Old 11-17-2019, 05:28 PM

Received 3,498 Likes on 2,365 Posts

Dave,
CBD has no Tetrahydrocannabinol so it's weeds boring little brother.

Speaking of insomnia. we've figured out that my fybromyalgia is tied to how much sleep I get.
Of late they have given me a muscle relaxant with a side effect of knocking me down.
It has a warning to not take the medication if cannot commit to 8 hours of sleep.
Although I've found that 8 hours after I take them it's like an alarm has gone off and I'm wide awake.
Old 11-17-2019, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by boltonblue
Dave,
CBD has no Tetrahydrocannabinol so it's weeds boring little brother.

Jerry, generally speaking that maybe true but not entirely true. CBD has no more than 0.3% THC. So it does have some and that is why there are warnings to not exceed the recommended dosage. Otherwise there are numerous possible issues (about 10 listed) including failing a drug test.

Quick Reply: Insomnia