S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

It's been 40 years since The Beatles set foot on American soil.

Old 02-09-2004, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good point benny. Those days The Beatles played in the Cavern and in Hamburg certainly paid off big time.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:19 AM
dbw

while i think the beatles and the stones and nirvana made good music...i think dylan actually got inside the music and the effects still remain strong.
Old 02-10-2004, 01:33 AM

Originally posted by Rick Hesel

ugly, ugly things in our culture, like the BMW Z4

Old 02-10-2004, 03:59 PM

I was living in Cleveland when the Beatles came to town. They were staying at the hotel by Terminal Tower. There were girls all over the square hoping someone would wave to them from their hotel window.

I was standing at the service ramp or loading dock, knowing they'd have to somehow get from the hotel to the concert. Clarence Henry (Ain't Got No Home) was one of the opening acts. Pretty soon Clarence came walking up the service entrance ramp. No one bothered him except to ask where the Beatles were. He shrugged and kept on walking.

We discovered the next day the Beatles got to the concert in an armored car. I remember that car coming up the ramp and going right by me. Gee, I was within five or six feet of the Fab Four and never knew it.

Gerry
Old 02-11-2004, 01:24 PM

While I like some of the Beatles early tunes, which were done around the time I was born, I do not care for the stuff that came out in the late sixties. I have very mixed feelings about artists (musicians, actors etc) that promote a political agenda. While I agree that the artist has the right to voice their opinion I think it is deplorable that they use their celebrity to promote their view. I pay to be entertained by them not preached to. What is even more stinging about the Beatles is they promoted a political agenda in a country that was not even their own. They enjoyed the fruits of what this country had to offer but tried to tear it down at the same time. I tend to look at the Beatles the same way I do Sean Penn, Madonna, the Dixie Chicks, Tim Robbins, Susan Sarandon and their ilk. If these people fell off the face of the earth and were never heard from again I wouldn
Old 02-11-2004, 01:41 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Javelin360
While I like some of the Beatles early tunes, which were done around the time I was born, I do not care for the stuff that came out in the late sixties. I have very mixed feelings about artists (musicians, actors etc) that promote a political agenda. While I agree that the artist has the right to voice their opinion I think it is deplorable that they use their celebrity to promote their view. I pay to be entertained by them not preached to. What is even more stinging about the Beatles is they promoted a political agenda in a country that was not even their own. They enjoyed the fruits of what this country had to offer but tried to tear it down at the same time. I tend to look at the Beatles the same way I do Sean Penn, Madonna, the Dixie Chicks, Tim Robbins, Susan Sarandon and their ilk. If these people fell off the face of the earth and were never heard from again I wouldn
Old 02-11-2004, 01:48 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Javelin360
<snip>
I tend to look at the Beatles the same way I do Sean Penn, Madonna, the Dixie Chicks, Tim Robbins, Susan Sarandon and their ilk. If these people fell off the face of the earth and were never heard from again I wouldn
Old 02-11-2004, 03:26 PM

If artists want to be political then let them throw thier hat into the political arena and run for office.
Old 02-11-2004, 03:37 PM

Just to help put an end to this, everyone has a right to an opinion and freedom of speech. I take it you vote Javelin360??? If so, then you are voicing your opinion about something. Just as entertainers have the right to voice theirs. In some cases it hurts their career, but I'm sure it was something they believed in.
Old 02-11-2004, 03:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Smokee

Quick Reply: It's been 40 years since The Beatles set foot on American soil.