S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

New Accord not selling well

Old 03-16-2018, 02:01 PM

Received 223 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by ralper
Actually, the Accord stopped being an Accord about 10 years ago. It started to grow bigger, fatter and heavier and became just another mid size car. What made the Accord so special disappeared..
That's what I liked about the Acura TSX. It was the JDM/EDM market Accord and to me, was a "right sized" mid size car.
Old 03-17-2018, 07:27 AM

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Talk about timely, just received an offer from Toyota to get a $50.00 debit card if I test drive one of their cars. I think I'll give it a go. I also want to check out the Mazda6 when they come out this Spring.
Old 03-17-2018, 11:59 AM
tof

Received 1,931 Likes on 1,320 Posts

Originally Posted by Jet sitter
Talk about timely, just received an offer from Toyota to get a $50.00 debit card if I test drive one of their cars. I think I'll give it a go. I also want to check out the Mazda6 when they come out this Spring.
If it doesn't matter to you, please check out the Avalon. The current generation is supposed to be hugely improved. Although, come to think of it I hear the same about the new Camry.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:04 AM

Received 5,074 Likes on 3,058 Posts

Ford held a press conference last week with journalists to give them a peak at future products, during which they said in just a few years time they expect 86% of their sales will be trucks of some sort (SUVs, Crossovers, Trucks).
Old 03-19-2018, 05:35 PM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
Ford held a press conference last week with journalists to give them a peak at future products, during which they said in just a few years time they expect 86% of their sales will be trucks of some sort (SUVs, Crossovers, Trucks).
If gas prices start to go up again, Ford might change its mind.
Old 03-19-2018, 06:07 PM

Received 3,574 Likes on 2,415 Posts

It is interesting that you can make the best declensions of all just at the wrong time or the right time.
Old 03-19-2018, 07:32 PM

Don't be too quick to judge. While the reporters could not comment on it, what Ford was telling them was they had motors for whatever happens.
Old 03-19-2018, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by boltonblue
It is interesting that you can make the best declensions of all just at the wrong time or the right time.
No idea what that means...
Old 03-20-2018, 06:36 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

While oil prices appear to be heading up, I don't think they will go much higher, short of an artificial price increase through regulation. The development of fracking operations resulted in a huge increase in the calculated US oil reserves number. The higher US production kicked off a pricing war with foreign producers. Oil prices fell so much that the US producers shut down many of the fracking operations. I think they can be reopened pretty quickly if prices get any higher and that will just result in another price war. Foreign producers are keeping their production pretty high in order to maintain market share but I think $60 to 70 per barrel is where it has to stay or else other operations will reopen.

U.S. Crude Oil Production - Historical Chart | MacroTrends

And let's not forget that some very large, formerly off-limits areas seem to be on the table for future exploration...
Old 03-20-2018, 09:50 AM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Originally Posted by Legal Bill
While oil prices appear to be heading up, I don't think they will go much higher, short of an artificial price increase through regulation. The development of fracking operations resulted in a huge increase in the calculated US oil reserves number. The higher US production kicked off a pricing war with foreign producers. Oil prices fell so much that the US producers shut down many of the fracking operations. I think they can be reopened pretty quickly if prices get any higher and that will just result in another price war. Foreign producers are keeping their production pretty high in order to maintain market share but I think $60 to 70 per barrel is where it has to stay or else other operations will reopen.

U.S. Crude Oil Production - Historical Chart MacroTrends

And let's not forget that some very large, formerly off-limits areas seem to be on the table for future exploration...
I hope you're right because higher fuel prices do not benefit anyone and the higher prices put a drag on the economy. Still, I can't help but think that the prices will go up.

Two things to watch, how high the prices go and how fast they get there. If there's a gradual price increase over time it isn't so much of a problem, but a rapid spike in the price of a gallon of gas could cause 2008 all over again.

Quick Reply: New Accord not selling well