S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Pet peeves

Old 02-06-2005, 04:50 AM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts
Default Pet peeves

I hate it when;

1. I hate it when on the interstate or any road over 40 mph the person in front of me decides to wash his/her windshield. Actually, I hate it whenever someone washes his/her window in traffic. I hate it when the spray flies over the top of his/her car and gets all over my car. I especially hate it when my top is down and the spray gets all over me.

2. I hate it when the person next to me has the bass turned up all the way on his super stereo, and I can feel the vibrations in my car. I don't care how loud they play their music so long as I don't have to hear it or feel it. Unfortunately they don't care who they disturb.

3. I hate it when the first car in the left lane at a traffic light doesn't turn on his/her turn signal until the light turns green and traffic starts to move. If they'd had their signal on while the light was red, you'd have had advance warning that they wanted to turn and you could've gone into the right lane.

4. I hate it when the driver near me is on a cell phone and can't handle the phone and the car at the same time. I hate it when they can't hold their lane of make the turn. I'm pointing to cell phones, but this could be any distraction.

5. I hate it when the driver in front of me, while stopped at a red light, starts to read the newpaper. I shouldn't have to ring my horn to wake them up when the light turns green.

6. I hate it when people tailgate.

How about you? What are your pet peeves with other people's driving?
Old 02-06-2005, 05:06 AM

Received 729 Likes on 446 Posts

I hate it when I'm stuck behind a stinkin' mini-van or SUV, (not to mention tractor-trailer) and can't see anything but the back of their ugly vehicles (at least I can see under the semis so I know what's in front of them ).
Old 02-06-2005, 05:17 AM

Received 3,834 Likes on 3,043 Posts

1. I hate it when I'm on the freeway and someone is in the high speed lane while both middle and low speed lanes are clear going 10 m.p.h. under the speed limit and there are about 10 cars behind them and they wont move over.
2. I hate it when I'm behind someone who is constantly on and off the brakes changing their speed when there is nothing to slow down for.
3. I hate it when people pull out right in front of me and then go five miles per hour.
4. I hate it when I'm on the freeway and I put my blinker on to move into the left lane and people speed up instead of letting me in.
5. I most of all hate seeing people on the road who are paying absolutely no attention to what they are doing.
Old 02-06-2005, 06:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Left lane hogs (I can't understand what's so difficult about keeping right except to pass), tailgaters, and those folks who pull into a turn lane at a light and feel compelled to leave twenty car lengths between themselves and the car in front of them leaving no room for me to pull over into the turn lane..
Old 02-06-2005, 07:33 AM

I hate people who use their brake lights to let you know they're about to use their turn signals

I really hate people who've been driving 5 below the speed limit on a 2-lane road, but when you start to pass them, they speed up 15 m.p.h.....that's the main reason I don't carry a gun in my car...
Old 02-06-2005, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by rjosey8385' date='Feb 6 2005, 12:33 PM
I hate people who use their brake lights to let you know they're about to use their turn signals

I really hate people who've been driving 5 below the speed limit on a 2-lane road, but when you start to pass them, they speed up 15 m.p.h.....that's the main reason I don't carry a gun in my car...
Not that Florida is any better, but people in Texas use their turn signals? Whenever I saw a turn signal flashing on a car in Houston, I always assumed that the car had left the dealer's lot that way.
Old 02-06-2005, 07:53 AM

Sure...some of use use 'em....they're kinda like that secret compartment thing on the S....if the dealership has shown you that it's there, you use it; otherwise,
Old 02-06-2005, 09:09 AM

Received 3,030 Likes on 1,680 Posts

I hate it when I'm behind an oil burning POS and I have to smell it. It's even worse when it's splattering oil droplets on my windshield and .
Old 02-06-2005, 09:12 AM

Three things with other drivers drive me nuts:

No turn signals
Must get ahead of you and then they slow down
Will not let you merge
Old 02-06-2005, 09:59 AM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

1. I hate it when it's raining, snowing or freezing and the people on the road drive as if they've never seen these conditions before. They slow down to where they're barely moving when in fact all they need to do is slow down a little, and be a little more cautious.

2. I hate it when it's raining, snowing or freezing and some people on the road drive as if it is no different than driving on a dry, sunny day. Typically this is the behavior of some people driving SUVs who think that 4 wheel drive will get them through. They drive too fast, tailgate, and act as if they can control the vehicle as if in the dry. All they need to do is slow down a little, and be more cautious.

Quick Reply: Pet peeves