S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Rain Again, Again

Old 11-04-2018, 08:52 AM

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,628 Posts

A much nicer day today, if cooler. The granddaughter needed a ride to work in the wee hours today. I knew I could not go back to sleep, so decided to enjoy the sunshine...........as the sun came up. I've not done this before, but I have admit early AM light is pretty darn neat. Pics in the pic thread. I was well dressed for the weather, but the hands were cold. Sun is still shining which is so nice, but it won't be out/up for much longer.
Old 11-04-2018, 10:15 AM

Received 705 Likes on 477 Posts

Some rain here but the weekend has been beautiful. Predicted rain tomorrow but our forecasters are not very accurate. Living on the coast can be unpredictable in all fairness though.
Old 11-04-2018, 11:16 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

It's good to see the Rain Again, Again thread, Rob. I'm not sure where the original one is buried. I think that was really the precursor to the Vintage forum. Here is a link to one from 2013, but that's just a kid.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-vi...again-1026477/
Old 11-04-2018, 12:01 PM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Originally Posted by Legal Bill
It's good to see the Rain Again, Again thread, Rob. I'm not sure where the original one is buried. I think that was really the precursor to the Vintage forum. Here is a link to one from 2013, but that's just a kid.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-vi...again-1026477/
Bill,
You are absolutely right . That's why I used the title. "Rain Again, Again" was the forerunner of the Vintage Forum. I wondered if anyone would remember it.

Before there was a Vintage Forum we all used to post in the S2000Talk forum. It was an active forum, but it was a bit uncivilized. It was hard to have a conversation without someone coming in and flaming or someone contending that what we were talking about had nothing to do with the S2000 or cars. The younger people in S2000Talk had very little interest in what we wanted to talk about. I started a thread called "Rain Again, Again" to complain about the weather and somehow it evolved into a Vintage thread. I don't think young people wanted to talk about the weather. In almost no time the thread became the meeting place for those of us who would go on to be the early participants in Vintage. There were a few pre-Vints in the thread like Jonas, Matrix, and 4Motto, but for the most part, the thread was all of us. The typical post would start with a sentence about the weather and then go on to talk about anything a Vintage person wanted to talk about. It was a great thread.

Before long we came up with the idea of having a corner of the site where we Vintage people could talk among ourselves. Deb (Ms. Perky) Jerry (PAS2K) and I contacted cthree who owned S2KI back then and after a bit of discussion, arguing and begging, he gave in and gave us the Vintage Forum. Deb and I were the original moderators.

It all started with the original "Rain Again, Again".
Old 11-05-2018, 01:12 AM

Received 2,596 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Yep...cthree was a jerk about it for awhile, but gave in. He had his moments. I also remember that we did not actually post the word rain because it was viewed as a jinx for drives.
Old 11-05-2018, 03:38 AM

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,628 Posts

It's Monday. More rain coming. I guess we are only allowed one day of sunshine.
Old 11-05-2018, 04:20 AM

Received 3,805 Likes on 3,030 Posts

Had an actual day off with no rain that being Sunday couldn’t believe it! I took the S out for a quick blast in the morning then washed it and got a coat of wax on it and also treated the leather now she’s ready for hibernation.
My wrx is going in to be undercoated tomorrow so I washed it about 3 times trying to get the salt residue off and also all the pine needles that had blown onto it from the windstorm Saturday night.
Old 11-05-2018, 04:56 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by robb
Had an actual day off with no rain that being Sunday couldn’t believe it! I took the S out for a quick blast in the morning then washed it and got a coat of wax on it and also treated the leather now she’s ready for hibernation.
My wrx is going in to be undercoated tomorrow so I washed it about 3 times trying to get the salt residue off and also all the pine needles that had blown onto it from the windstorm Saturday night.
I was thinking about needing to do this as well. Plus the end of season oil change.
Old 11-05-2018, 07:09 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
It's Monday. More rain coming. I guess we are only allowed one day of sunshine.
I sure hope this this recent weather isn't a harbinger of the amount of snow to come later on.
Old 11-05-2018, 07:43 AM

Received 2,596 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Our area is forecast to get twice as much snow than usual this winter.

Quick Reply: Rain Again, Again