S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Reality Rant

Old 02-10-2005, 08:44 PM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by valentine' date='Feb 10 2005, 03:21 PM
<snip>
Those so-called "reality" programs are everywhere. Now, if I seem a bit out of touch, please excuse me, however, is it truly reality to be dropped on a desert island in a bikini along with several more similarly clad folks and be forced to survive "eating off the land" and building your own little shelter from leaves? Or, is it really a sign of great courage and strength to eat bugs or lie in a worm-filled bathtub? Perhaps my own life is the fantasy if this is the case (I must be in the Matrix), but I've just never felt the need to pick up an insect that encroaches into my space and eat the little bugger.
Is it me? Am I living a dull and boring life? Who are these "real" people who eat bugs, wear bikinis 24 hours a day, kill their own meat and eat bamboo shoots freshly harvested from the forest? Excuse me, TV LAND, I'd like a litte dose of fantasy television for a change. Give me something to strive for -- I really don't want to eat bugs, have buckets of entrails dropped over my head or be forced to wear a bikini all day every day.
I've also decided that I do not want the Fab Five to show up at my door to take my husband off to have his body hair stripped off at a waxing salon and be told this his morning regimen should consist of moisturizers, hair gel and so on that rivals my morning maintenance routine, nor do I want to exchange houses with my next door neighbors while they undertake the task of making my living room look like Dracula's boudoir.
<snip>
This seems like an awful lot of detail for someone who hates reality TV