S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Sending best wishes to Tom(catt)

Old 06-06-2005, 01:33 PM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

[QUOTE=tomcatt,Jun 6 2005, 11:50 AM]
I will beat the odds with this,
Old 06-06-2005, 02:26 PM

Received 436 Likes on 313 Posts

Tom, you and your family are in my prayers. May the Lord grant you courage and strength in this difficult time of your life.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Honda 367,Jun 6 2005, 05:26 PM
Tom, you and your family are in my prayers. May the Lord grant you courage and strength in this difficult time of your life.

Tom,

I will admit that tears ran down my cheeks when I read this post. I have never had the pleasure to meet you in person, but if I do I know I will be in the company of a winner! You have a great outlook.

You are also absolutely right about good support groups being a real key. Though I don't spend much time here in Vintage I sense a very strong community here that will stand by you. It never ceases to amaze me how close our S2000 groups are. I have a very good friend who today is in the hospital fighting to get his white counts up. He told me Saturday how much our church family has meant to him during his recent struggle with leukemia. Cards, visits, phone calls and e-mails help to keep the spirit up.

Please know you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

My very best to you,
Jay
Old 06-06-2005, 04:42 PM

Received 463 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky,Jun 6 2005, 11:50 AM
I will beat the odds with this, I will fight tooth and nail and investigate any and every possible treatment option that might help me. My attitude is good, life is good.
Tom and Hilly,

There is not a whole lot that I can add to what has already been stated. Except that I firmly believe that your attitude is VERY IMPORTANT and I am pleased to learn that you have a positive one regarding this. Also that you are not timid about searching out alternative treatment options and not willing to "just take what the doctor's order".

Several years ago PBS aired a Tom Moyer show regarding "Mind Over Matter" and the effect that the power of the brain has over the physical. I will have to look, but I think that I may still have that show on tape. If you have any interest in watching it, PM me with your address and I will send it too you if you like or I can bring it too you at the "Buckeye Run".

"Be Brave" and be stubborn. Know that you have a lot of people "pulling for you".

You both are in our thoughts.

Hugs,
Matt & Barbara
Old 06-06-2005, 05:50 PM

Tom,

You are in my prayers also. There is always hope and miracles can and do happen on a daily basis.

Jeff
Old 06-06-2005, 07:51 PM

Received 5,015 Likes on 3,031 Posts

Tom,

I wish you the best outcome possible. It will take a lot of courage and unaltering spirit and it sounds like you have all the right stuff.

I don't know how closely you follow racing but there is a wonderful book out by Alex Zanardi, ex-CART champion, who lost both his legs in a horrific accident and stopped breathing more than once. His account of his optimism and strength is inspirational beyond motorsports. The title of the book is My Sweetest Victory.

May Victory Be Yours as well.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:08 PM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Tom- Your positive outlook and determination to keep the S 'no matter what' is truly inspiring. Best wishes on the long road of treatment and I hope that our paths will cross again....medical advances are truly amazing....more to come. Keep in touch here at s2ki.....this community is not a 'fly by night' one
Old 06-07-2005, 06:47 AM

Tom & Hilly

I am a member of a large group of remarkable people who will join me in our prayers for you and Hilly.

Dave, Eillen & Michael
Old 06-07-2005, 12:50 PM

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts

Tom & Hilly,

As many others have already said, our prayers are with the both of you! Having met you at FC 04 as part of my goup, what I remember most was that great smile that both of you had. Just keep smiling and we will keep praying!

Sam & Carmen
Old 06-07-2005, 02:17 PM

I posted in the Shoot the Breeze thread before this one was started, but I just want to add to this thread that you and Hilly have my prayers and love and any other support I can give - just let me know what I can do

Quick Reply: Sending best wishes to Tom(catt)