S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Sharing your S2K interest with your SO

Old 02-07-2004, 10:57 PM

Received 325 Likes on 275 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by paS2K
Old 02-08-2004, 03:51 AM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by klassyblue
Old 02-08-2004, 06:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What this about passing women around POINdex
Old 02-08-2004, 10:33 AM

My wife is not really a car person at all. In fact, I have had to all but beg her to learn to drive a manual transmission simply for safety issues.

Having said that, she's fully supportive of my insanity. She loved our S2000s and I was surprised that she was very vocal in her concerns for my "mental health" when we made the hard decision to sell our second S to help my parents out after my father had his stroke.

Essentially, my wife views it like this. I don't really drink. I don't smoke. I don't womanize. I'm not a clothes horse and I don't spend money foolishly (excpet maybe on cars). I volunteered to sell my motorcycle when I asked my wife to marry me because I didn't mind taking the risks for myself but couldn't do it for two. So, if my one vice was a two seat convertible that I occassionally drove in a spirited fashion, was it really that bad?

Probably not.

That's perhaps why we get along so well.
Old 02-08-2004, 11:04 PM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

After 25 years my wife still does not get it...i love cars, to talk about them, to drive the, to work on them and attend car events...she thinks of them as transportation, period, in fact she does not even know what she drives..."oh, it is a silver van"...ok...luckily we have two great kids, my son is a car nut, from birth, just like me, it just happened...my daughter....well maybe... there is still time. My son and I can do and attend and share, etc...it is most excellent to share that interest, no passion, with another you love.

It is of little importance that my wife share this with me...when we were first married we did alot of car club stuff, then kids came and the activities changed. We share other stuff and interests. I accept her complete ingnorance of the auto love affair I can readily share with my son and friends.

But every great once in a while, when we can go out together she asks me to take (my car)the S, top down...she usually suggests where we eat and what movie we see or which friends we go visit, etc... but I choose the transportation. I also can choose the restaurant and friends, but rarely the film!!!

she has agreed I can have a fun car all throughout our marriage, when we could afford it or when it was practical, as long as other priorities are attended too, so I benefit even though she is not a carnut in any way. She does like me to be happy with my interest/toy...she has her interests too, some of which we share.

I would have liked to have a more carnut spouse, but then again I married her for alot of other reasons that have proved to be more important.
Old 02-09-2004, 04:27 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MsPerky
I met someone who may not share my enthusiasm or interest in the car. I can't decide if that is an issue or not. I'm inclined to think not. In a way I would like for him to be involved with it, but in another it is something that I might want to keep for myself and share other things.
Old 02-09-2004, 09:11 AM

Having resigned myself to riding solo through life from here on out and being a loner by nature, I had to think about this one, Perk. I think it would be nice to have a SO who shared most of my interests (never had that so I'm speculating here). My SO would have to be crazy enough to hang out with you guys and he'd also have to be a gearhead and have his own S or something since I'm not ready to give up the wheel just yet. Maybe I'll feel differently when I'm 75 and can no longer get my clutch leg up.

Watch it, Poin! Good looking out Klassy.
Old 02-09-2004, 02:33 PM

Received 734 Likes on 449 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by grannyrod
. . . being a loner by nature, I had to think about this one, Perk.
Old 02-09-2004, 03:08 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by valentine
Old 02-09-2004, 03:57 PM

Received 734 Likes on 449 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by OhioRacer

Quick Reply: Sharing your S2K interest with your SO