S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Shooting the Breeze 17-19

Old 02-10-2018, 02:16 PM

Received 5,011 Likes on 3,029 Posts

You were referring to "Starman", right.
Old 02-10-2018, 03:23 PM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

On a completely different subject. Another years' paper work has just gone through the shredder. We had to buy a new shredder last week. I'm going to stick the date on this one just to see how long it lasts.
Old 02-10-2018, 04:04 PM

Received 1,104 Likes on 700 Posts

Since this is a car website, I'll tell you what I'm doing in May. When a friend of mine bought a new Corvette a few years ago, GM asked if he wanted to learn to drive it on a track, and they'd pay half. He did and said he had a great time. So much that he went again a year later on his own dime. I told him if he ever wanted to do it again, I'd go with him. And that's what I'm doing in May, a Ron Fellows driving school, driving a 2017-8 Corvette, three day course and 300 miles of track driving (plus classroom and skid plane(?) instruction. I tracked the S2000 in about 2003 and had a great time. Really looking forward to this trip.
Old 02-10-2018, 04:05 PM

Received 3,023 Likes on 1,676 Posts

Originally Posted by Morris
Since this is a car website, I'll tell you what I'm doing in May. When a friend of mine bought a new Corvette a few years ago, GM asked if he wanted to learn to drive it on a track, and they'd pay half. He did and said he had a great time. So much that he went again a year later on his own dime. I told him if he ever wanted to do it again, I'd go with him. And that's what I'm doing in May, a Ron Fellows driving school, driving a 2017-8 Corvette, three day course and 300 miles of track driving (plus classroom and skid plane(?) instruction. I tracked the S2000 in about 2003 and had a great time. Really looking forward to this trip.
What track?
Old 02-10-2018, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tachus
On a completely different subject. Another years' paper work has just gone through the shredder. We had to buy a new shredder last week. I'm going to stick the date on this one just to see how long it lasts.
I have finally gone over to mostly online bills. Maybe all online. I hate the thought of having my kids or whoever have to unravel all the passwords and such if I croak, in order to stop the bills and services but it's so much easier to put everything on auto pay. I look at my checking account and my credit card statements and don't have to file pages of paper. Do you use online billing or statements? How do you feel about it?
Old 02-10-2018, 04:31 PM

Received 2,796 Likes on 1,638 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
I have finally gone over to mostly online bills. Maybe all online. I hate the thought of having my kids or whoever have to unravel all the passwords and such if I croak, in order to stop the bills and services but it's so much easier to put everything on auto pay. I look at my checking account and my credit card statements and don't have to file pages of paper. Do you use online billing or statements? How do you feel about it?
I pay my bills on line, but don't use autopay. I also still get paper bills. I pay them then toss them. No need to keep copies of electric bills....Rick isn't all that into the computer, so if something were to happen to me, he'd need the paper coming in the mail, for a while anyway. I have a couple small insurance bills which are billed directly and paid with auto pay, and a couple things charged automatically to the CC, like Netfix and my Y membership. I still get some paper statements.
Old 02-10-2018, 04:35 PM

Received 2,561 Likes on 1,544 Posts

^^Same here.
Old 02-10-2018, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Lainey
I pay my bills on line, but don't use autopay. I also still get paper bills. I pay them then toss them. No need to keep copies of electric bills....Rick isn't all that into the computer, so if something were to happen to me, he'd need the paper coming in the mail, for a while anyway. I have a couple small insurance bills which are billed directly and paid with auto pay, and a couple things charged automatically to the CC, like Netfix and my Y membership. I still get some paper statements.
I missed some bills and then got gigged for being late, so if I can, I've got them on auto pay. It's super hard to keep up with all of them for two homes.
Old 02-10-2018, 06:02 PM

Received 1,104 Likes on 700 Posts

I have as many bills as possible charged to my credit card, for miles. A few get debited to my bank account and maybe two a month I pay by check.

The track, Patty, is Spring Mountain, west of Las Vegas.
Old 02-10-2018, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Lainey
Hope his life insurance is paid up!
Originally Posted by Morris
I have as many bills as possible charged to my credit card, for miles. A few get debited to my bank account and maybe two a month I pay by check.

The track, Patty, is Spring Mountain, west of Las Vegas.
Oh, I was at Spring Mountain when NSXPO was held in Las Vegas in 2010. Nice place!

Quick Reply: Shooting the Breeze 17-19