S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Show us your pet!

Old 11-19-2010, 05:31 AM

Received 2,966 Likes on 1,651 Posts

[QUOTE=valentine,Nov 19 2010, 06:23 AM] BB used to do that back in Virginia.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:05 AM

Received 706 Likes on 433 Posts

Thanks for the headsup, Patty. I'll try to pick up a copy. Sounds like my kind of reading.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No pet post but I found a home for my stray kitty yesterday! (don't ask about the vet bills) She and her senior Mommy are very happy! (owner lost her kitty very recently and really needed a cat companion!)
Old 04-03-2012, 08:39 PM

Received 2,966 Likes on 1,651 Posts

Thread from the past. This was posted on NSXPrime and I thought it was funny so I'm sharing it:

"FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE PETS, THIS IS A TRUE STORY. FOR THOSE THAT DON'T, IT'S ALSO A TRUE STORY. The following was found posted very low on a refrigerator door.

Dear Dogs and Cats: The dishes on the floor with the paw prints are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food. Placing a paw print in the middle of my plate does not mean that is suddenly your food, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.

The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Racing me to the top of the stairs is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster than you can run.

I cannot buy anything bigger than a king sized bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch to ensure your comfort. Dogs and cats can actually curl up in a ball when they sleep. It IS NOT necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other, stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out on the other end to maximize space that you are taking up, is nothing but sarcasm.

For the last time, there is no secret exit from the bathroom! If, by some miracle, I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob or get your paw under the edge in an attempt to open the door. I must exit through the same door I entered. Also, I have been using the bathroom for years - canine/feline attendance is not required.

The proper order for kissing is: Kiss me first, then go smell the other dog or cat's butt. I cannot stress this enough.

Finally, in fairness, dear pets, I have posted the following message on the front door: TO ALL NON-PET OWNERS WHO VISIT AND COMPLAIN ABOUT OUR PETS: (1) They live here....you don't. (2) If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture. That's why they call it "fur"-niture. (3) I like my pets a lot better than I like most people. (4) To you, they are animals. To me, they are adopted companions who are short, hairy, walk on all fours and don't speak clearly. Remember, dogs and cats are better than kids because they: (1) eat less, (2) don't ask for money all the time, (3) are easier to train, (4) normally come when called, (5) never ask to drive the car, (6) don't hang out with drug-using people; (7) don't smoke or drink, (8) don't want to wear your clothes, (9) don't have to buy the latest fashions, (10) don't need a gazillion dollars for college and (11) if they get pregnant, you can sell their children.
"
Old 04-04-2012, 02:50 AM

Received 2,585 Likes on 1,566 Posts

Cute...my dogs used to follow me everywhere, and lie in the bathroom while I was in there taking a bath or whatever. Not sure I posted this pic of my sweetest dog, Samantha. Adopted her from the animal shelter. She lived to 16. My Weimaraners were beautiful but somewhat neurotic.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:16 PM

Received 458 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
Thread from the past. This was posted on NSXPrime and I thought it was funny so I'm sharing it:

"FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE PETS, THIS IS A TRUE STORY. FOR THOSE THAT DON'T, IT'S ALSO A TRUE STORY. The following was found posted very low on a refrigerator door.
VERY funny! Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:48 PM

Received 1,057 Likes on 540 Posts

My parrot trimming impatience.

fltsfshr
Attached Thumbnails Show us your pet!-puff-treasure-hunting-s.jpg  
Old 04-04-2012, 02:02 PM

Received 2,585 Likes on 1,566 Posts

Toilet training a cat...good idea. Did it work??
Old 04-04-2012, 02:49 PM

Received 133 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE PETS, THIS IS A TRUE STORY. FOR THOSE THAT DON'T, IT'S ALSO A TRUE STORY. The following was found posted very low on a refrigerator door.
Thank you, it's not just funny, it's true!
Old 04-04-2012, 03:36 PM

Received 2,746 Likes on 1,620 Posts

Cute post, Patricia. Our kitty rules our house.

They have special kits which you can use to train the cat to use the toilet. Given that we only have one bathroom, we let ours continue with the litter box.

We've had a cat (two for a while) for over 25 years. +1 kept saying Cat #2 would be our last one. She was a bit high maintenance and special needs. We lost her last year and were at the shelter by the end of the week looking to adopt a kitty.

Our house is not a home without a

Quick Reply: Show us your pet!