S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Speed Channel "Victory by Design"

Old 01-18-2004, 05:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Speed Channel "Victory by Design"

New show on speed channel "Victory by Design". I think its new. Cool show! If your into vintage race cars then this is your show. The Host just takes old race cars and drives them around some back roads at full tilt. Last night he was doing Alfa Romeo's. Good Stuff!
Check it out!
Old 01-18-2004, 05:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually, it's been on for a good while.

The "Host" is Alain de Cadenet... he's got quite a history actually. He raced a good number of the cars he drives on the show.
Old 01-18-2004, 03:04 PM

Yes, this show is GREAT! Being a Ferrari fan, I really enjoyed the one on Ferrari. Wait till you see that one!
Old 01-18-2004, 03:05 PM

Actually, I need to tape the Ferrari one...it's a keeper .
Old 01-18-2004, 07:18 PM

Alain de Cadenet Rules !
Old 01-19-2004, 08:36 PM

I'm totally jealous of that guy. He's driving some of the most legendary sports cars ever. Some of the owners don't drive them at all or very little. I'm ordering the Ferrari episdoe on DVD. In that one, he's 's driving a GTO - from which Pontiac took the name. Since you have to make 100 of a model to own the name, Pontiac - Wangers and DeLorean - used it.
Speed on!
Old 01-19-2004, 10:20 PM

yes, def a Cool show
Old 01-21-2004, 05:41 AM

Greetings Everyone ... as usual, a bit of a late response here.

I just wanted to also weigh in in favor of the program VBD on Speed (and oh how I wish it were still "Speedvision".)

I mean, aren't we all just a little bit jealous of Alain de Cadenet! Able to convince owners and museums to allow him skillfully maneuver virtually priceless machinery at eight-tenths along tree lined roads and still narrate pertinent information in his posh accent. Heck ... he could even pass for a Texan. But lest you think the ever cool and unflappable Mr. de Cadenet never gets flustered ... check out this link:

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photogallery/...fire%20pass.wmv

And to make matters worse, he actually now owns one of these beauties. The envy never ends. Well ... I'm off to the FAT show ... Longhorns at 11am ... just doesn't get any better. Drive safe.

JGP
Old 01-21-2004, 01:41 PM

Received 5,194 Likes on 3,112 Posts

Ranger, that was great! I fully expected it to be a tape of his wheel coming off after crossing the finishing line at Lagona Seca Vintage this year (it was a car he had just purchased and his announcer buddies were getting a big laugh out of it. I don't recall if it was an AR or Mazer but I know he was not happy but there didn't appear to be any real damage; I'm sure he considers himself very lucky it didn't happen at full speed.

Yea, I love the VBD shows. The next is Sat at 11pm with Aston-Martin; it shows again at 2pm on Sun and then Jag is on at 3pm.
Old 01-21-2004, 03:09 PM

Ranger, that was great. Was he saying what I thought he was after he got buzzed?

Quick Reply: Speed Channel "Victory by Design"