S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Suzuka owners - why?

Old 11-28-2003, 05:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd be interested to hear why others chose Suzuka Blue, and how you feel about it!

I chose it a bit on impulse - there was a Suzuka, and a silverstone (black & red interior) available. I'd owned two silver Preludes in a row. Suzuka seemed to have most of the discretion of the silver metallics, while remaining a bit different.

Pros:
- It's different, yet subtle
- Looks good in daylight, great at night
- The '04 stock rims complement the paint nicely I think
- The paint looks rich & high quality
- At night, in yellow street lights, nobody can tell what color the car is

Cons:
- Not sure how I feel about the all-blue interior.
- Not sure whether resale value, etc., will suffer due to lower interest in blue
- At night, in yellow street lights, nobody can tell what color the car is

Yes, I'm trying to rationalize my spur-of-the-moment choice...
Old 11-28-2003, 07:27 AM

Sorry, I had no qualms. I liked it from the get go. I mean . . . it's BLUE.
Old 11-28-2003, 08:28 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by phoenix9999
I'd be interested to hear why others chose Suzuka Blue, and how you feel about it!

I chose it a bit on impulse - there was a Suzuka, and a silverstone (black & red interior) available.
Old 11-28-2003, 08:50 AM

I have a Sebring but I do admire the blue. I like the Monte Carlo blue even better. In all reality, out of all the stock colors, I don't think there is one I don't admire. I like the Spa also but you know the yellow car thing. I chose my color out of practicality. The Sebring doesnt show dirt and dust as much as the darker or lighter colors. That was my only reasoning. I can't go for the red seats though. At this point, I am attracted to the white on tan. Probably because I don't have it. By the way, blue is my favorite color but I went with the safe and conservative Sebring. I'm just too conservative. I need to loosen up and go trade mine in for a white on tan. Lose $5,000-$6000 in the trade. Would that make me feel better? Maybe for a little while until something better comes out. All this and I was originally going to buy a Totota Spyder. What I really need to do is be thankful for what I have. I am.
Old 11-28-2003, 12:19 PM

Received 326 Likes on 276 Posts

The dealer at the time had a Sebring/Black and the Blue. On the way there had intentions of buying the silver but after seeing the blue in person, it was the 1st blue I saw, I knew that was the one I wanted. At the time I was driving 3 silver vehicles and I traded in a silver eclipse for it. I like the way the color changes depending on the lighting. As far as the blue interior I like it better than the red and I was thinking the black would get too hot in the sun.
Old 11-28-2003, 03:11 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Why? Because I've always admired the light metallic blue that BMW has and also because I've loved blue ever since my dad's '68 Coupe DeVille convertible with white leather interior.

My dad covered the interior with plastic sheeting the moment the car was purchased, and when he finally sold the car, the guy came with a pocket knife and cut it all off. My dad really lost a few "points" with us that day.

How do I feel about it? I love it. I thought the color would grow "old" on me (particularly the interior), but not at all!

When I was shopping around, it came down to a personal decision between ordering Sebring/red or Suzuka. I went with the Suzuka, and had to wait 3 months for it.
Old 11-28-2003, 03:14 PM

Agree with the comment about the quality "look"
Less of a "look at me" message
Blue is my favorite color, but dark blue wouldn't have worked on this car - do you think?
Currently have a silver A4 and didn't want to two silver cars
Con - interior. My wife looks great in red/black so I almost bought a silver to get the red/black interior. But the blue interior is growing on me.
Old 11-28-2003, 03:19 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

rx, have you seen Monte Carlo blue (it's not available in the states). It's the same color that you can see on the Insight. I think it looks beautiful on the S. I would've gotten that were it available.

I tried to arrange to import one into the US this year, but the arrangements were too convoluted.
Old 11-28-2003, 03:24 PM

Received 475 Likes on 284 Posts

Ironically, Suzuka Blue is close to the color of one of my favorite cars that I owned: a 1969 Firebird . The color is "understated". It looks fairly good even when in need of a wash. And "BLUE" is my favorite color!
Old 11-28-2003, 03:27 PM

Received 475 Likes on 284 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chazmo
rx, have you seen Monte Carlo blue (it's not available in the states).

Quick Reply: Suzuka owners - why?