S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Thanksgiving

Old 11-19-2017, 02:02 PM

Received 2,584 Likes on 1,565 Posts
Default Thanksgiving

Hope everyone has a wonderful T-Day and weekend. Our T-Day will be quiet this year. Going to get some stuff from Whole Foods or Boston Market for our dinner and not cook. I'm cooking quail at Christmas for a get together with my nephew and his family. We are going to the Botanic Garden (on Capitol Hill) on Sat with them. They have lovely holiday decorations, including a train and replicas of all the monuments made out of plant materials. Really, really cool.

"This year, take a trip across America as our annual holiday show Season's Greenings showcases Roadside Attractions! In our model train show, trains will chug around, below, through, and above plant-based recreations of iconic sights from across the United States. Explore classic attractions like Texas' Cadillac Ranch, Colorado's hot-dog-shaped Coney Island Hot Dog Stand, South Dakota's Corn Palace, New Jersey's Lucy the Elephant, and many more. View thousands of blooms throughout the Conservatory, including a showcase of heirloom and newly developed poinsettia varieties. Our collection of D.C. landmarks made from plant materials will return to fill the Garden Court, this year including a new addition--an inspired botanical version of the National Museum of African American History and Culture. Join us as we celebrate the holidays and America's natural and cultural treasures."
Old 11-19-2017, 02:05 PM

Received 2,584 Likes on 1,565 Posts

Old 11-19-2017, 06:21 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Barbara and I are going to a restaurant with my brother and his wife foe Thanksgiving. We four of us will also have a dinner on Sunday with my son and daughter.
Old 11-19-2017, 06:35 PM

Received 1,408 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Liz and I and our two sons are celebrating Thanksgiving at home. Adam is coming home from Ohio for the weekend and Andrew still lives here. It doesn't get better than this.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Old 11-20-2017, 03:32 AM

Received 3,498 Likes on 2,365 Posts

Barb and I at Home, with #1 son, and my mom coming over with a turkey in the Kitchen*

* dining room under renovation, timing is everything.
Old 11-20-2017, 04:11 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

We will be having the typical marathon Thanksgiving dinner/birthday celebration with my in laws. There will be between 12 and 16 depending on boy friends and girl friends and who goes where. The twin nieces have a birthday this weekend. It'll be fun seeing all the kids together, but it will be a very long day. It doesn't help that the only space big enough for everyone is the indoor pool room. Nothing like a big meal in a warm humid room.

My wife and I will be having dinner with my brother on Friday. Quite the opposite experience, it will only be the three of us.
Old 11-20-2017, 05:09 AM

Received 2,742 Likes on 1,617 Posts

That looks like a neat display, Deb!

Typical Thanksgiving for us. Our son, daughter in law and two grandchildren will join us. The grandson is growing up and I no longer have to prepare chicken nuggets for his meal. He probably still won't eat much turkey but he won't go hungry.

I'm off as of this afternoon at 4:00. Will enjoy the time. I have a "to do" list and also plan on going to a few different classes at the Y over the next few days. I've got some non Christmas shopping to do, errands to run, and will plan any trips out around the crowds that will be out this weekend. We have a Zumba class on Thanksgiving morning. They refer to it as "Burn the bird." I''m assuming that means to burn off the calories of the meal in advance, but of course, one might also burn their Turkey while at the Y.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Old 11-20-2017, 05:39 AM

Received 695 Likes on 471 Posts

Going to our cousins home in Wilmington. 19 guests are coming. Everyone brings a dish so there will be tons of food. I plan on a long bike ride on Friday to work off the pounds.
Old 11-20-2017, 06:17 AM

Received 464 Likes on 396 Posts

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Old 11-20-2017, 06:39 AM

Received 1,424 Likes on 954 Posts

Happy Turkey Day!

Me? Gotta work.

Quick Reply: Thanksgiving