S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Is there a way to ignore threads?

Old 03-06-2004, 05:01 PM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

This was an attempt at humor, as in Legal Bill Vintage and Illegal Bill Vintage
Old 03-06-2004, 05:06 PM

Received 1,423 Likes on 1,115 Posts

Originally posted by paS2K
This was an attempt at humor, as in Legal Bill Vintage and Illegal Bill Vintage
Oh.
Old 03-06-2004, 05:08 PM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ralper
Old 03-06-2004, 06:54 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ralper
There is no way to ignore theads.
Old 03-06-2004, 07:02 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Legal Bill
Old 03-06-2004, 08:05 PM

Received 5,190 Likes on 3,109 Posts

It's called will power. For example, I have not read a single political thread, nor have I read the Passion thread. Frankly, I have no interest in hearing what anyone else thinks about either of those subjects -- so I never opened them. I spend enough time here without getting into politics or religion.
Old 03-06-2004, 08:20 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dlq04
It's called will power.
Old 03-07-2004, 03:42 AM

Received 2,683 Likes on 1,607 Posts

We seem to have come around to the "Subjects Discussed in Vintage" again. I personally read all the threads as much as I can because I feel I should as CO. That doesn't mean I post in all of them because I don't. Some subjects don't interest me. I don't have the same problem divorcing myself from the topic as others apparently do, I guess because I'm not invested in the subject as much. And Rob and I, as you know, have made a conscious decision to allow virtually any topic as long as the discourse remains civil. We both believe strongly in the spirit of openness for this forum.

All that being said, the only thing I can recommend at this point, other than my suggestion in my last post, is to do what dlq04 does and not read those threads you don't like.

Edit: It does concern me that people like Bill might be discouraged enough to stop participating in Vintage. I really hope that doesn't happen, but I'm not sure what we can do about it. I started the "Subjects" thread precisely to see what the members think about the subjects. I believe the majority of members want more diversity, not less. But I only see the opinions of the members who post, so that is all Rob and I have to work with.

Sorry THIS post got so long...
Old 03-07-2004, 04:15 AM

Originally posted by MsPerky
We seem to have come around to the "Subjects Discussed in Vintage" again. I personally read all the threads as much as I can because I feel I should as CO. That doesn't mean I post in all of them because I don't. Some subjects don't interest me. I don't have the same problem divorcing myself from the topic as others apparently do, I guess because I'm not invested in the subject as much. And Rob and I, as you know, have made a conscious decision to allow virtually any topic as long as the discourse remains civil. We both believe strongly in the spirit of openness for this forum.

All that being said, the only thing I can recommend at this point, other than my suggestion in my last post, is to do what dlq04 does and not read those threads you don't like.

Edit: It does concern me that people like Bill might be discouraged enough to stop participating in Vintage. I really hope that doesn't happen, but I'm not sure what we can do about it. I started the "Subjects" thread precisely to see what the members think about the subjects. I believe the majority of members want more diversity, not less. But I only see the opinions of the members who post, so that is all Rob and I have to work with.
Once again, we are in total agreement.
Old 03-07-2004, 04:38 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

And I don't mean to suggest we should censor anybody either. I'm asking because I have a problem with curiosity. I can't help but go back and look. Even when I get fed up, I still know what is in the thread.

I'll post the question over in the site forum and see if anything can be done or added to the system.

In the meantime, I'll see if I can exercise Dave and Carmen's approach.

Quick Reply: Is there a way to ignore threads?