S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Today's the Big Game of the Year....BUT

Old 02-07-2005, 07:04 AM

Received 3,030 Likes on 1,680 Posts

Thank You, Lainey!

Here it is for anyone else interested: http://dyn.ifilm.com/superbowlads/
Old 02-07-2005, 08:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras' date='Feb 7 2005, 11:04 AM
Here it is for anyone else interested: http://dyn.ifilm.com/superbowlads/
When I went to that site, I noticed the GoDaddy.com commercial, "Senate Hearing" was on the banned list! Is it possible you other guys didn't see it? Were some of the commercials "local" spots? I ask because I did get to see it and I was offended that such a commercial would be permitted to be aired.

At any rate, I wrote the FCC about that one.

Gerry
Old 02-07-2005, 08:51 AM

I saw it...I agree with you 100% and I agree with you 100%. A low class commercial for sure....
Old 02-07-2005, 08:59 AM

Received 3,030 Likes on 1,680 Posts

I saw it too. Andy and I thought it was tacky, low class, stupid and an insult to watch.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:02 AM

I was stunned that the GoDaddy.com ad was run, especially after all of the flak from last year's Superbowl and the Desperate Housewives pregame promotion earlier in the season. Very very poor taste, and incredibly ill-advised.

That said, my favorite was the returning troops. Kudos to AB for that one. I also loved the Mustang ad, although I much prefer the coupe.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by matrix' date='Feb 7 2005, 11:51 AM
I saw it...I agree with you 100% and I agree with you 100%. A low class commercial for sure....
And yet people talk about it, so I'd say they achieved whatever they wanted to achieve.

"There's no such thing as bad publicity."
Old 02-07-2005, 09:41 AM

The segment on the Today show last week reviewed a few of the commercials that were NOT approved to run during the superbowl and you are right Gerry that GoDaddy ad was one of them. I was shocked to see it as well.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:10 AM

Received 1,104 Likes on 700 Posts

The second and third time they ran the Mustang commercial was in the same commercial break. I have noticed that this is done more and more. Do they think the audience is stupid and we might have missed it was a Mustang? Or we just need reinforcement 60 seconds apart? It kinda ticks me off....
Old 02-07-2005, 10:55 AM

If they were going to do that, they should have run a longer commercial as 3 distinct "parts" - that would have grabbed my attention....
Old 02-07-2005, 12:27 PM

Commentary from Business Week (well, actually two commentaries):

[QUOTE]FEBRUARY 7, 2005
Simplicity Scores at the Big Game
Super Bowl Ads: Less Than Superb

NEWS ANALYSIS
By David Kiley

Simplicity Scores at the Big Game

One uncomplicated ad shone through among a mediocre crop of Super Bowl spots that featured everything from chimpanzees to celebrities

Anheuser-Busch (BUD ) is tough to beat among advertisers for best Super Bowl ad, and this year's game was no exception. The winner of the BusinessWeek Online Grand Brand Award goes to the beer giant for its tribute to the American armed forces.

The spot was effective for its simplicity. Veterans in fatigues are walking through an airport with their belongings, apparently home on a respite and cycling through a commercial airport. Onlookers buried in their newspapers, working in eateries, and waiting on line become aware of the group of vets and slowly begin clapping.

The clapping builds and builds until everyone in sight is applauding the valor, hard work, and sacrifices they have made. It's my experience that the simplest, most uncomplicated storylines work best in advertisements, whether the goal is humor or pathos. This spot, created by DDB Chicago, was easily the best commercial in the game.

RINGING MY BELL.

Quick Reply: Today's the Big Game of the Year....BUT