S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Tomcatt Run 2013 Official Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 07:08 PM

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts
Default Tomcatt Run 2013 Official Thread

The Eighth Annual Tomcatt Memorial Meet will take place the weekend of June 21-22, 2013.

This event is open to all badged Vintage members. S2000 ownership is NOT a requirement.

(Note: 'Badged' is not technically valid anymore with the new board software. However, the idea is still valid! )

This event is named in honor of our dear friend Tom Curda (AKA Tomcatt), who passed away May 24th, 2006. Rt. 26 was his all-time favorite driving road. This year, we also take time to remember our dear friends, John (RC Ryder) and Maury (Jumpy Guy), both regular attendees of the Ohio Rt. 26 events.

This meet is very special to many of us. It combines 2 of the best thing about S2000 ownership:

Friendship: Many of the friendships made on this forum have continued throughout life's twists and turns, and have transcended the actual ownership of the car. Everyone at the Tomcatt meet is a friend, whether old or new.

The Drive: The roads of southern Ohio are full of twisties and elevation changes; perfect for the S2000. You will enjoy driving through rural areas complete with rivers, forests, farms and covered bridges. Route 26, from Cambridge to Marietta, Ohio, previously one of Car & Driver's 10 best drives in the USA, comprises the central part of the run, and I recently heard that it is much improved since last year . For the past several years, we have also added Ohio Rt. 555 to our day’s drive. This is a spectacular rollercoaster of a road - bring Dramamine! Our drive will take up most of the day on Saturday: 7 hours, 215 miles, 2 rest stops, a lunch break, and one stop for gas. If you like to challenge your car and yourself, and enjoy the sound of VTEC, then this is the drive for you! If you like to get your heart pumping when behind the wheel, then this drive will not disappoint. Expect to drive the way this car was meant to be driven!

For those who are looking for a more moderate drive, this year we will again have a Moderate drive group - but a warning - even Moderate at the Tomcatt is pretty spirited! These roads deserve nothing less.

Marietta, Ohio will be our home base. Arrive on Friday, drive on Saturday, party Saturday evening, head homeward on Sunday.

Hotel:

I have reserved a block of 20 rooms at the Hampton Inn in Marietta for Friday, June 21st & Saturday, June 22nd. The phone number is 740-373-5353. When calling for your reservation, tell them you are with the TomCatt Honda Group - Code CHXTCR). Room cost is $102 for standard doubles. The block of rooms will be held until May 21st, 2013.

There will be a small ($5 - $10 per person) registration fee to cover magnets and possibly the party room, paid on arrival.

Please let me know in this thread when you have booked your room, and let me know the drive group that you would prefer: Spirited or Moderate.

This post will be updated with additional information as the date approaches.

Participants:
==========================
JonasM +1 +1 (booked)
spt-s2k +1 (booked x 2)
Looter +1 (booked)
Scooterboy +1 (Moderate)
Driveaholic +1 (Spirited) (booked)
dlq04 +1 (maybe)
poorshoesless +1 (Spirited) (booked)
RedOne2007 (booked at the Fairfield)
Ruined 2 (maybe)
Slowride +1
Tachus +1 (booked)
Matt_in_VA +1 (booked)
s-cargo +1 (booked)
tr6greg +1 (booked)
doddg (no room needed)
SheDrivesIt +1 (booked)
canberra +1 (booked)
jukngene (booked)
goblues2k +1 (booked)
Old 03-09-2013, 02:06 AM

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts

We are in, will book room soon.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:33 AM

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

You can add, both Sharon ( Weeezy ) & myself to the list....We will book the room, a little later....
Old 03-09-2013, 04:23 AM

Received 2,533 Likes on 1,528 Posts

Party and I are in and the room is booked.

Spirited group please!
Old 03-09-2013, 09:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. I was thinking about this just a little while ago.
2. I have familly I can stay with right across the river in Williamstown, WV, so I don't need a room.
3. I won't know if I'm able to come for sure till summer, but it will be on my radar.
4. "This event is open to all badged Vintage members." You'll have to tell me what this requirement means. 2 yrs. ago when I came, I don't remember paying anything extra or signing up for anything, just let me know.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:28 AM

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by doddg
1. I was thinking about this just a little while ago.
2. I have familly I can stay with right across the river in Williamstown, WV, so I don't need a room.
3. I won't know if I'm able to come for sure till summer, but it will be on my radar.
4. "This event is open to all badged Vintage members." You'll have to tell me what this requirement means. 2 yrs. ago when I came, I don't remember paying anything extra or signing up for anything, just let me know.
PM'ed.

Note: 'Badged' is not technically valid anymore with the new board software. However, the idea is still valid!
Old 03-09-2013, 12:57 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll be there!!! Room booked

Just me (Bob), no + 1.

In the SPIRITED GROUP please.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:05 PM

Received 4,960 Likes on 3,005 Posts

We've moved from can't make it into a "maybe" position for this event. Our northern fishing trip fell through due to a double booking mix-up which also really screwed up a planned family reunion.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:00 PM

Received 171 Likes on 85 Posts

Shelley and I are in...room booked and Spirited please.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I keep missing this and I will be there this year come hell or high water.

Just me - a) I doubt my wife would like the drive and b) I'd like a guys weekend anyway.

I'll let Sam decide which group I should be in.

Note: I may book at the Marriott location down the street. I need the points to keep Elite status.

Quick Reply: Tomcatt Run 2013 Official Thread