S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Uppers. Post your happy ending true stories here.

Old 09-17-2003, 06:46 PM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Its nice to know that sometimes these stories have happy endings. I like this thread a lot.

There must be more good stories.
Old 09-28-2003, 11:25 AM
Former Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

This is inspirational enough to deserve a bump...

I'm just sorry that I don't have anything to add other than the simple fact that I am so happy for both of you.
Old 09-28-2003, 12:57 PM

Received 2,992 Likes on 1,664 Posts

Originally posted by brantshali
This is inspirational enough to deserve a bump...

I'm just sorry that I don't have anything to add other than the simple fact that I am so happy for both of you.
I've been posting for a while now but I still don't know what that means Brant, "bump"?

I think there are other stories but people may think they aren't important enough to post. It doesn't have to be a saved life to be interesting and uplifting!
Old 09-28-2003, 01:16 PM
Former Moderator

A bump is simply posting to bring a topic back to the top.

As for stories, I think you are right that there are more out there. Unfortunately, I have never thought of my life in terms of happy endings, but rather a typically interesting journey.
Old 09-28-2003, 01:16 PM

Patty

Bump is just another way of saying "to the top". Oftentimes as a thread floats to the bottom, someone stumbles onto it, reads it and thinks its important enough to send back to the top. Thats what Brant did, and I agree. This is a fine thread. I hope we get some more happy endings.
Old 09-28-2003, 02:07 PM

Sorry guys. That is as clear as mud to me. Back to the top of what? The forum listing, the first post of the thread? <afraidmyslowthinkingisshowing>
Old 09-28-2003, 02:17 PM

Patty

Back to the top of the page. You will notice, for example, in Vintage there are 5 or 6 threads marked as "note". Those are "Sticky" and remain at the top of page 1 regardless of activity. All other threads tend to "float" downward until someone posts to it and returns it to the top. If a thread remains inactive for a long period of time other more active threads tend to displace it and push it down, first to the bottom of the page, then to the next page and so on. After a while, a thread winds up off of the first page and near the back of all of the pages. It is unlikely that anyone will see it or respond to it. A "bump" or "to the top" brings it back up to the top and in essence makes it new again.
Old 09-28-2003, 02:23 PM
Former Moderator

You got it...the top of the forum listing. That said, I hope I didn't come across as overly negative about my life not being so much about happy endings as an interesting journey.

What I meant is that I have lived a very lucky life and have seen and done many interesting things, but that I have never really looked back at something after it was completed so much as I'm always looking for what's next.

That said, along the journey I have had a vast number of wonderful things happen in my life. When I was a little kid playing soccer in a youth soccer league back in Virginia we found out that we didn't have an assistant coach so my mom, who knew nothing about soccer at the time other than that I played, stepped into the role of not just team mom, but assistant coach.

Every day she would pow-wow with the coach and he would tell her the drills he wanted to run and would explain or demonstrate what it looked like when done properly and my mom would proceed to take half of us on the team and run us through the drill.

My mother is nothing if not detail oriented and she had us performing each and every drill FLAWLESSLY.

What's the happy ending, you ask? Well, that year was the first year that my team took FIRST PLACE and as far as I'm concerned it's like my dad's military career in that we never would have gotten there without her!
Old 09-28-2003, 02:37 PM

How about some happy beginnings? Endings sounds too final.

I survived a motorcycle accident that was so severe that even the doctors were surprised. I'm still here, and thats a happy beginning (ending).

After 4 years of courting I finally convinced my girlfriend to marry me. That was twenty years ago, and its still the best beginning (ending) I've had. Its gotten better each year.

There are more, but these are my favorites.
Old 09-28-2003, 02:40 PM

Hey Brant, I thought the happy ending was just that your mom stepped in and took on the role. That you won first place makes it terrific. Yeah Mrs. Shali...!

Back to the bump....
So it is really just a compliment about a post, right? It doesn't really send it to the top, it just kinda says it should go back up to the top of the Forum listing, right?

Quick Reply: Uppers. Post your happy ending true stories here.