S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

US Flies Prisoners To Torture?

Old 11-16-2004, 07:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky,Nov 16 2004, 08:17 AM
I find this hard to believe.
Do a Google searech for "Mohammed Haydar Zammar", a naturalized German citizen who was seized in Morocco, secretly flown to his native Syria and continues to be "questioned" by interrogators of Syria's General Security Directorate (GSD).

Note: I'm not saying that Mr. Zammar is a nice person, but I still question the methods used in this instance.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:59 AM

Exserts from Sept 14, 2001 Pres. George W Bush speech.

War has been waged against us by stealth and deceit and murder. This nation is peaceful, but fierce when stirred to anger.

Our unity is a kinship of grief, and a steadfast resolve to prevail against our enemies. And this unity against terror is now extending across the world.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:05 AM

Exserts from Presidential Address, October 7, 2001.

We are joined in this operation by our staunch friend, Great Britain. Other close friends, including Canada, Australia, Germany and France, have pledged forces as the operation unfolds. More than 40 countries in the Middle East, Africa, Europe and across Asia have granted air transit or landing rights. Many more have shared intelligence. We are supported by the collective will of the world.

Old 11-16-2004, 09:17 AM

One last speech so we won't forget why we are fighting and using all means available to our country.

Exserts from President George W. Bush speech to Joint Session of Congress, September 20, 2001.

Americans are asking: How will we fight and win this war? We will direct every resource at our command -- every means of diplomacy, every tool of intelligence, every instrument of law enforcement, every financial influence, and every necessary weapon of war -- to the disruption and to the defeat of the global terror network.

Many will be involved in this effort, from FBI agents to intelligence operatives to the reservists we have called to active duty.

This is not, however, just America's fight. And what is at stake is not just America's freedom. This is the world's fight. This is civilization's fight. This is the fight of all who believe in progress and pluralism, tolerance and freedom.

We ask every nation to join us. We will ask, and we will need, the help of police forces, intelligence services, and banking systems around the world. The United States is grateful that many nations and many international organizations have already responded -- with sympathy and with support. Nations from Latin America, to Asia, to Africa, to Europe, to the Islamic world. Perhaps the NATO Charter reflects best the attitude of the world: An attack on one is an attack on all.

The civilized world is rallying to America's side. They understand that if this terror goes unpunished, their own cities, their own citizens may be next. Terror, unanswered, can not only bring down buildings, it can threaten the stability of legitimate governments. And you know what -- we're not going to allow it.

Old 11-16-2004, 09:45 AM

DERF, that was a huge waste of post. Next time try a link...oh yea, and include your point too .
Old 11-16-2004, 09:46 AM

^^ did you want your country to be next

We didn't start this problem, and why should we fight it alone. Other countries are helping with the means that they know best.

Some folks think that everything will just go away if we do nothing.

The point is > We will use all means available to us even if we have to send the bad guys elsewhere to get info. Were in this together folks.

Just my Two cents.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:47 AM

Received 2,666 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Deleted S2000 rider's post because of the offensive sig (not because of who the person is, but what he is doing, for the record).
Old 11-16-2004, 09:51 AM

Received 2,666 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Yes, DERF, a link might have been better.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by DERF,Nov 16 2004, 10:46 AM
^ did you want your country to be next

We didn't start this conflick, and why should we fight it alone. Other countrys are helping with the means that they know best.

Some folks thing that everything will just go away if we do nothing.
Does his speech have anything to do with what this thread is about?

If you think that this is "Other countrys...helping with the means they know best" you need to put your glasses on.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:02 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by ralper,Nov 16 2004, 05:44 AM
This is not a defense of the article posted above. I too have my doubts about it, and it seems to me that a story as big as this should be easy to collaborate. I would expect to see it shortly in other papers if in fact it is true. Still, I resent the guilt by association. If you don't like the message, don't kill the messenger, and especially don't kill the other messengers because of this one.
Rob, there are actually several newspapers that have similar articles. A brief google search will turn some of them up.

http://news.google.com/news?q=uzbekistan+t...tab=nn&oi=newsr

Quick Reply: US Flies Prisoners To Torture?