S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Viva Las Vegas!

Old 11-22-2013, 06:42 AM

Received 2,596 Likes on 1,571 Posts
Default Viva Las Vegas!

Following tradition, I'm posting about another trip - this one we took for a long weekend Nov 15-18 to LV so the +1 could run the Rock and Roll half marathon. We had a great time - our first visit. Perhaps our last. The crowds were a bit much. Anyhoo, here's what we did and some pics.

Day 1 - Bro and SIL picked us up at the airport and we were able to do early checkin at the Bellagio, a very nice hotel. I would not stay anywhere else if we go back. Great central location on the Strip, and, as it turns out, got an even better rate than expected. We had a room on the 21st floor overlooking the famous fountain, with the Eiffel Tower of the Paris hotel right across the street. The fountain performs in time with various songs. It is really . We walked around some to get the lay of the land, had drinks at Fix (a bar in the hotel) with bro and SIL waiting for our dinner reservation at Olives (also in the hotel) on the balcony, which gave us a different perspective on the fountain show. Good food. Crossed the street after dinner to go into the Flamingo, famous old LV hotel, where they had penny slots we played a bit. Had to go to bed relatively early that night, since I was pretty much exhausted from the flight, time change, etc.

Day 2 - Had breakfast at Cafe Ile St Louis at the Paris Hotel. It was yummy. Did not go in for any buffets, although there are plenty to choose from. After that we walked around the Forum Shops at Caesar's, but it was just too much to spend a lot of time in. So many high-end shops in LV - I wonder how they all stay in business. Met up with bro and SIL for early dinner at Mon Ami Gabi (in the Paris hotel). Very good food. Also on the balcony with a view of the Bellagio fountain from across the street. After dinner we went to see a unique "show" at the Wynn waterfall. The video changes each time - there are about eight different ones. We saw two. It is called the Lake of Dreams and is amazing. A must see. We had to go back to the Bellagio for the 10 PM show "O". Fantastic show - also a must see. After the show, we met up with bro and SIL again at Nine Fine Irishmen pub in NYNY hotel. Great band and terrific stepdancer. Went to bed at 4 AM, my normal wakeup time!

Next installment below...
Old 11-22-2013, 06:56 AM

Day 3 - Had late breakfast/lunch at the hotel, went across the street to the Paris hotel for a bit, then I spent the rest of the afternoon/evening in the hotel recovering from a tremendous amount of walking the previous two days. The +1 left about 3 to go to the start line of the race across from the Luxor. It ended at the Mirage. He really enjoyed it with all the spectators and lights along the Strip. It was closed from 2-10 PM, so I expect there were many upset drivers trying to get around. Earlier that day, we bought tickets to the 10 PM show called Jubilee at Bally's, pretty much the last Vegas showgirl revue left. I thought it would be cheesy, but it turned out to be really good! Must have spent millions in feathers (many girls were topless). There were probably 10 major production numbers, with some interesting acts in between. We both like it a lot. Another must see.

Day 4 - Slept in, then had some really yummy berry crepes at a patisserie in the hotel before heading out to the airport for our flight home. All in all, we really enjoyed our trip. Pics below. BTW - the new avatar is yours truly with her Viking helmet on. Bro and SIL got that a big souvenir place after the +1 joked about being a Viking warrior who would sling me over his shoulder. They wanted me to look the part.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:11 AM

The +1 took these with his phone.

Lake of Dreams show:

The highest water in the show shot above our room on the 21st floor. More pics to follow...
Old 11-22-2013, 08:31 AM

Can't get my pics to post for some reason. Will try again. They were just a couple more from the hotel room. I did not take any pics other than those.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:40 AM

Received 1,413 Likes on 767 Posts

Nice pics, Deb, but I'm with you...one visit to LV was enough for me!
Old 11-22-2013, 09:37 AM

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,628 Posts

Nice pics. Sounds like you had a busy schedule we liked Vegas. We'd go back
Old 11-22-2013, 09:44 AM
Former Moderator

Received 610 Likes on 373 Posts

The LV pics are great, Deb. Glad you guys had a good time. I don't know Vegas myself. Chris has been there many times with members of her family, but my last time in Vegas was when I was 10 years old.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:50 AM

Received 133 Likes on 85 Posts

Saw O a couple of years back, truly amazing. Did you put the music for the fountains on in your room?
Old 11-22-2013, 10:59 AM

Yep...Ch 22.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:31 PM

Received 186 Likes on 98 Posts

Cool!

Quick Reply: Viva Las Vegas!