S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Washington state, here we come!

Old 08-31-2014, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Washington state, here we come!

Nadine and I have decided to move to the Seattle area! We have decided to make the move sometime in the next 2 - 3 years. We have not decided yet if she's going to wait and retire from Gwinnett County, where she teaches, or get hired with one of the school systems out there and continue teaching for another 10 - 15 years.

We've both decided that we need a change of pace and have lived in the South long enough - especially since neither of us is actually from the South. I've live here in the Atlanta area for 22 years now, and she moved here from Connnecticut to marry me. I've been wanting to get back to the West Coast for a long time now (I'm originally from San Diego), and this is our opportunity.

Since I mostly work from home, and ATT Mobility has multiple offices in the area, my job doesn't care if we move out there. They'll just find me desk space in one of the offices there. I have a team member who lives in Everett, and I have a couple of customers in the Bothell office.

Right now, we're looking at living in Everett, Snohomish or possibly Redmond. We have decided to stay in the area for a few days next summer to explore the area more, since we're already planning on a road trip that practically mirrors my trip to S2K Days.

We first visited the Seattle area in 2002 when we spent our spring break there, and fell in love with the area. I actually tried to get a contract out there for a few years, but was not successful. When I was out there for S2K Days, it reminded me of how beautiful it is there and how much I missed it. I came home and told Nadine about it, and she responded with "Maybe now is the time for us to look at moving out there." Dangit! She keeps reading my mind
Old 08-31-2014, 12:10 PM

Received 4,962 Likes on 3,005 Posts

I thought this was going to be about college football! Hope it works out well for you both. As for us, we are "planted". That area of the US is on our bucket list to visit.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:22 PM

Received 460 Likes on 272 Posts

Tony,

Good luck with your planning and move (although it will be sometime in the future).

I think that we could live in Everett as neither of us do well in the heat. The only problem that I can foresee for me would be wanting to tour the Boeing plant about once a week.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Let us know when the move is planned - we could meet up for "coffee".
Old 09-01-2014, 06:09 PM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Things to consider, Tony:

- getting a teaching job for Nadine might not be a cinch...unless she has a desired specialty

- seems that the sunless and rainy late fall/winter/early spring make some people a little crazy

We love the Pac NW, but mostly to visit; have good friends in both Seattle and Corvallis OR
Old 09-03-2014, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt_in_VA
Tony,

Good luck with your planning and move (although it will be sometime in the future).

I think that we could live in Everett as neither of us do well in the heat. The only problem that I can foresee for me would be wanting to tour the Boeing plant about once a week.
Thanks, Matt!

Originally Posted by fastD
Let us know when the move is planned - we could meet up for "coffee".
That'll work

Originally Posted by paS2K
Things to consider, Tony:

- getting a teaching job for Nadine might not be a cinch...unless she has a desired specialty

- seems that the sunless and rainy late fall/winter/early spring make some people a little crazy

We love the Pac NW, but mostly to visit; have good friends in both Seattle and Corvallis OR
Good points to consider. Nadine has already started talking to people we know in the area about employment there and that kind of weather doesn't bother us. We'll be out there next year to look around and decide what area we want to live in.