S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What Kind of Music Do You Load into Your S2000 CD Deck?

Old 08-31-2003, 05:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anything from 60's or 70's. Sometimes mix of old to current on radio.
Old 08-31-2003, 06:07 AM

I'm currently listening to what I call a "jazz-rock" mix with Chase (named for Bill Chase - not well known, but could play a mean trumpet before his untimely death in a plane crash), Maynard Ferguson (MacArthur Park - the best song ever written about a cake), Chicago (from the first three albums), and BS&T.

What can I say - I started listening to this type of music in 1969. I also listen to the Moody Blues, CCR, Queen, and other classic rock.

Tony
Old 08-31-2003, 07:49 AM

I always have at least a couple Pete Townshend solo CDs in the car. (Picture him on the cover of his first solo album, "Who Came First", in 1970 in a jump suit and Doc Martens - one of the original punks?) Add some Richard Thompson, Graham Parker, John Hiatt, Pretenders, pre-Stevie Nicks Fleetwood Mac, pre- "Yellow Snow" Frank Zappa, John Lee Hooker, Blind Pig Records blues compilations, Crusaders, Bryan Ferry (Roxy Music), Little Feat, Steve Winwood, Melissa Etheridge, Bob Dylan, Bonnie Raitt, Bruce Cockburn, John Prine, Lyle Lovett, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Los Lobos, Iris Dement, and of course, "vintage" (not "classic", being true to our forum name) rock - Beatles, Stones, Who, Clapton, Kinks (from whom my handle comes), etc.....

Music is the one thing I'm more passionate about than cars and driving. It plays a HUGE role in my life.

This is probably a whole lot more than anyone really cares to hear, so I'll shut up for now. Rock on!!!
Old 08-31-2003, 09:26 AM

Buffett, Stones, The Who, Pink Floyd, Glenn Miller,Gary Allen, The Mavericks, George Strait, Fleetwood Mac, Toby Keith,Great Divide, Stevie Ray Vaughn,Buffalo Springfield, Pat Benatar .....

Then I change MP3's
Old 08-31-2003, 01:25 PM

I typically have most of the tunes classified as "classical rock" (a lot like Kolar1) but I ALWAYS have sitting on the passengers seat, the Zep album ("IV") so I can play the same "RocknRoll" segment that Cadillac uses in their commercials...it fits better to our cars than theirs (IMHO).

Other MUST have tunes are 1) Pretenders (with Precious and Mystery Achievement) 2) Bryan Adams (Run so Good with This Time and Summer of '69) and 3) Joe Jackson's Look Sharp with Happy Loving Couples, Pretty Girls, and Fools in Love.

Regardless, the S2000 is a great place to listen to your favorite tunes because just sitting in the car makes you feel great, let alone having your music (memories) there with you. That's I guess why I have FRANK 's greatest Hits and replay "The Way You Look Tonight" a lot.
Old 09-01-2003, 02:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now i a Have 30, so i do now if i belong or not to vintage Owner

What I have is

CD1 80-90 hits, my favorite is "Video kills the radio star"
CD2 Brazilian Chill Out
CD3 Juan Luis Guerra, Greatest Hits
CD4 Dance Music
CD5 Rap Classics
CD6 Manu Chao

Juan
Old 09-01-2003, 04:59 PM

Pat Metheney for longer drives, Bruce Cockburn for introspection, Sade for sing'in along....jazz otherwise..'classic' rock tends to get me goin'...Radar Love is a guaranteed speeding ticket, along w/ possibly LA Woman, Some Stones, Older Allmans...Amazing what sun, sky, and song can do to one's state of being...
Old 09-02-2003, 05:00 AM

Growing up listening to Puff The Magic Dragon and the like, I was determined to explore new and different music. When it got
Old 09-03-2003, 02:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Miles Davis, Milt Jackson, Wes Montgomery, Jim Hall, Yusef Latif, Cannonball Adderley, Paul Desmond, Jerry Mulligan, Ahmad Jamal, and other jazz greats, and even more often Ludwig Van B, Gustav Mahler, Richard Strauss, Wolfgang Amadeus M, Richard Wagner, and sometimes Bach.

Except for jazz, anything after the end of the 19th Century totally bores me I agree with Alexander Solzhenitsyn, who said that music ended when Beethoven died I'm beginning to think I was born in the wrong century.
Old 09-03-2003, 10:20 PM

I'll have to second Rick & WhiteS2K, I prefer classical music and jazz. Anything between Mozart and Shostakovich is great, and I listen to ragtime and jazz from 1900-1950, but include Frank on Capital records. But all of it is difficult to listen to at 80mph, esp. with the top properly stowed, so in that situation (frequent) I turn the player off and listen to the mufflers.

Quick Reply: What Kind of Music Do You Load into Your S2000 CD Deck?