S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?

Old 06-16-2018, 12:19 PM

Received 352 Likes on 209 Posts

Well, I was going to be at Route 66 raceway today to view the regional SCCA Solo races and tomorrow I was going to be at Blackhawk Raceway to view the regional vintage (VSCDA) races but yesterday the gout settled into my right foot and I can't even drive my automatic sedan. That's sort of the way things have been going lately.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:28 PM

Received 2,596 Likes on 1,571 Posts

I've been having an occasional sort of burning pain at the top side of my right big toe. Trying to figure out if that is gout. But I'm thinking gout is more located in the joint? I'm not doing anything about it yet.
Old 06-16-2018, 01:04 PM

Received 3,523 Likes on 2,383 Posts

Gout usually is in the joint but since I can't do anything normal mine wasn't.
I had it on the midway on my the outside of my foot.
I'd drop by my doctors if you think you might be borderline. They can check your uric acid levels.
Waiting until you are sure you have gout may not be the most comfortable strategy.
another one of those conditions to see how tough you are. ( like kidney stones)
It won't kill you but you might wish it did. it really hurts.
Old 06-17-2018, 06:14 PM

Received 1,413 Likes on 767 Posts

As some of you know, on most Sunday mornings, I hitch a ride with one of my flying buddies for breakfast at a nearby airport that has a restaurant on-site. Well, this morning, we flew about 30 miles south to Georgetown, DE. (Incidentally, this is the closest airport to our beaches, so in the summer, there are always a lot of airplanes there, including several corporate jets, which I suppose fly the 1% to their beach houses for the weekend.) Anyway. as we were walking up to the terminal, a guy standing there at the gate pointed to my hat, and said,"I have one of those." As I was wearing my S2000 hat, I asked if he meant the hat or the car, and as it turns out, he owns an '02 Spa Yellow, with barely 10,000 miles on it! He also has a '13 Corvette, which he drove to the airport. Further talking to him, I also found out he is a fellow Vietnam helicopter pilot who had just moved to the beach area from PA, Small world! I encouraged him to check out S2KI and S2KCA. He does post on Facebook in the helicopter groups, so maybe he will check in here or on S2KCA. I am always happy to meet a fellow S2000 owner locally, since it happens so rarely.

Last edited by jukngene; 06-17-2018 at 07:31 PM.
Old 06-17-2018, 06:22 PM

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,628 Posts

That's cool, Gene. 10,000 miles on an '03? He needs to hang with us!
We did go to German Car day at the Larz Anderson Auto Museum in Brookline. It was a bit too hot to really enjoy. Quite crowded.
I'm not a fan of having to figure out what vanity plates are "saying" This one I liked.

This coming weekend it's off to Niagara with the grandson and his cousin.
Old 06-18-2018, 01:20 AM

Received 2,596 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Seeing Camelot at the Shakespeare Theatre Sat evening.
Old 06-19-2018, 06:19 PM

Received 207 Likes on 187 Posts

Driving 8 1/2 hours to check out an 03 GPW with the hopes of giving my 01 NFR a garage mate.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:45 AM

Received 90 Likes on 60 Posts

^How exciting! I hope this is the one for Tammy!
Old 06-20-2018, 04:14 PM

Received 3,805 Likes on 3,030 Posts

Originally Posted by Conedodger
Having a new bed delivered Saturday. Hoping for a wonderful night's rest before autocross on Sunday. This will be the second visit to a new site that is promising. Would have had the fastest overall raw time at the first event if I could have managed a clean run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGSCBTJfHig
That was a cool! I’ve never seen a course set up like that.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:35 AM
tof

Received 1,916 Likes on 1,308 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene
As some of you know, on most Sunday mornings, I hitch a ride with one of my flying buddies for breakfast at a nearby airport that has a restaurant on-site. Well, this morning, we flew about 30 miles south to Georgetown, DE. (Incidentally, this is the closest airport to our beaches, so in the summer, there are always a lot of airplanes there, including several corporate jets, which I suppose fly the 1% to their beach houses for the weekend.) Anyway. as we were walking up to the terminal, a guy standing there at the gate pointed to my hat, and said,"I have one of those." As I was wearing my S2000 hat, I asked if he meant the hat or the car, and as it turns out, he owns an '02 Spa Yellow, with barely 10,000 miles on it! He also has a '13 Corvette, which he drove to the airport. Further talking to him, I also found out he is a fellow Vietnam helicopter pilot who had just moved to the beach area from PA, Small world! I encouraged him to check out S2KI and S2KCA. He does post on Facebook in the helicopter groups, so maybe he will check in here or on S2KCA. I am always happy to meet a fellow S2000 owner locally, since it happens so rarely.
I was in Georgetown last weekend. Had to run up there to WalMart to pick up a StraightTalk Wireless hotspot for Mom and Dad. It's the only way they can get broadband down in the outskirts of Laurel. (No cable expected in this century, at least, and no DSL.) We also got them a laptop and did some work around their home, all for their 70th anniversary.

Next time you are in Georgetown, drop in at the local library and say hi to my sister, Pat. She is the assistant director of the Sussex County Library system and works mostly out of the Georgetown facility.

I once saw an NSX with a for-sale sign in the windshield on someone's front lawn while driving through Georgetown. An unexpected sight to be sure!

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?