S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?

Old 06-29-2017, 03:22 AM

Received 2,596 Likes on 1,571 Posts

^ Sorry you are under the weather. So did everyone go fishing except for you?

Our weekend will be fairly quiet. No firm plans. Will watch the fireworks at the Wash Monument on Tues as usual. Hope they are better than last year, when smoke did not move and obscured almost all the show. We need a bit of a breeze! And no controversy. Last year on the show from the Capitol, the TV had lovely fireworks. Turned out they were from the year before. It was very confusing to viewers, especially the ones here who were looking at a totally different scene.

I really need to get up to MA and go fishing with LB. I love to fish and haven't been in a long time. Do you troll, LB, cast or both?

Last edited by MsPerky; 06-29-2017 at 03:29 AM.
Old 06-29-2017, 04:07 AM

Received 4,962 Likes on 3,005 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
^ Sorry you are under the weather. So did everyone go fishing except for you?

Our weekend will be fairly quiet. No firm plans. Will watch the fireworks at the Wash Monument on Tues as usual. Hope they are better than last year, when smoke did not move and obscured almost all the show. We need a bit of a breeze! And no controversy. Last year on the show from the Capitol, the TV had lovely fireworks. Turned out they were from the year before. It was very confusing to viewers, especially the ones here who were looking at a totally different scene.

I really need to get up to MA and go fishing with LB. I love to fish and haven't been in a long time. Do you troll, LB, cast or both?
Thanks. My son and his two boys were able to fish; no one else so far. Daughter got there late last night (took longer than expected having to drive the speed limit after being stopped) and four days later than planned. Since Donna and I were the last to get the stomach flu we are "sitting" this one out.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:20 AM

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,628 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
My plans for the 4th are to be able to walk by a toilet.
I hope your wish comes true! You can have a couple days of "pigging out" to make up for the weight you probably lost. Perfect timing for a July 4th cook out.
Old 06-29-2017, 02:31 PM

Received 705 Likes on 477 Posts

We live at the beach. Traffic is starting to get heavy already. We stay around Lewes since traffic is gridlocked anywhere else. We can bike to restaurants we like or go to our club which has a private beach, pool and dining. It will be like this until after Labor Day. Then we venture out.
Old 06-29-2017, 03:23 PM

Received 4,962 Likes on 3,005 Posts

Ray, like you we have always avoided traveling on holidays if possible. Our plans usually involve traveling a couple weeks before a holiday or a couple weeks after, and often both.
Old 06-29-2017, 05:46 PM
tof

Received 1,916 Likes on 1,308 Posts

Since Donna and I were the last to get the stomach flu we are "sitting" this one out.
Stay hydrated, Dave.
Old 07-04-2017, 06:10 AM

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,628 Posts

My five day weekend will end today. I have TOTALLY enjoyed the time off. My camera got a workout, I got a workout trying some new classes at the Y too! If the scale doesn't lie this AM, some of the extra work is paying off. We'll see tomorrow after we attend a cookout later today!
Weather has been quite summer like. A bit too hot for me, but I'm working around it as I still remember that thing called winter!

We went for a walk the other day on the Harbor Walk (s) now two of them, which is a beautiful walkway built on top of our hurricane dikes. and stopped for a drink at a restaurant on the water. I ordered a pina colada and a glass of water. They put a bottle of water in front of me, which I drank (not sure if they had tap water at this little tiki bar). Rick had two beers, I had the water and the pina colada. The bill was $24.00, showing the pina colada at $11.00! Too steep for me. I'm going back to diet Coke!
Old 07-06-2017, 04:27 AM

Received 2,596 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Sat we are going downtown to the Folklife Festival. The theme this year is the circus. Lots of demonstrations and performances. Sat afternoon will be the Wallendas, so I definitely want to see that!! Sun is the Nats/Braves game.
Old 07-06-2017, 04:36 AM

Received 705 Likes on 477 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
Sat we are going downtown to the Folklife Festival. The theme this year is the circus. Lots of demonstrations and performances. Sat afternoon will be the Wallendas, so I definitely want to see that!! Sun is the Nats/Braves game.
Nats are playing very well. The Orioles are fading fast. Go Nats. Heavy rain coming our way which we need. Big group bike ride on Saturday.
Old 07-06-2017, 07:45 AM

Received 3,523 Likes on 2,383 Posts

My plans for the 4th are to be able to walk by a toilet.
well Dave, you did say you wanted to lose some weight.

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?