S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?

Old 11-02-2018, 05:57 AM

Received 292 Likes on 223 Posts

I was the 4th official (managed player benches (coaches etc.), kept score (Cautions/Sendoffs) and Substitutions).

A doubleheader in the rain. Site was moved to Heidelberg University (turf), as Tiffin University was flooded out (grass).

Tiffin outlasted Great Lakes University for the first match (crew in blue below). Cedarville lost to Ohio Valley University (crew in orange below). First blue crew picture was taken at halftime and the orange crew picture as during Pregame of the second match.

College soccer season is now over...unless I get assigned another conference match. NAIA will get started on their playoffs this weekend.

Old 11-02-2018, 08:36 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Cool idea, Bill. You have to have someplace to go when you do retire! You'd "save" on boat storage too. Just have them transported there, right?
No storage and no shrink wrap in the winter, either. I could do much of the maintenance myself, but would still be able to have a tech come in and do anything I'm unsure about. The big one will always be hauled by the pro, but I am thinking of buying an old F-150 or 250 to pull the little ones around myself.
Old 11-02-2018, 08:37 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by JoePhotographer
I was the 4th official (managed player benches (coaches etc.), kept score (Cautions/Sendoffs) and Substitutions).

A doubleheader in the rain. Site was moved to Heidelberg University (turf), as Tiffin University was flooded out (grass).

Tiffin outlasted Great Lakes University for the first match (crew in blue below). Cedarville lost to Ohio Valley University (crew in orange below). First blue crew picture was taken at halftime and the orange crew picture as during Pregame of the second match.

College soccer season is now over...unless I get assigned another conference match. NAIA will get started on their playoffs this weekend.

Which one are you?
Old 11-02-2018, 08:54 AM

Received 464 Likes on 396 Posts

The one in blue...
Old 11-02-2018, 10:32 AM

Received 2,848 Likes on 1,660 Posts

Originally Posted by Legal Bill
No storage and no shrink wrap in the winter, either. I could do much of the maintenance myself, but would still be able to have a tech come in and do anything I'm unsure about. The big one will always be hauled by the pro, but I am thinking of buying an old F-150 or 250 to pull the little ones around myself.
Good for you! Your hobby will keep you busy and out of Barbara's hair. I'm sure she approves except when she stops to calculate the price per pound of the fish you catch. .
Old 11-02-2018, 10:34 AM

Received 2,848 Likes on 1,660 Posts

Originally Posted by JoePhotographer

You are busy with the soccer job. My grandson's soccer team has had many cancellations this season...rain, and more rain!

What is your day job? I know you said you work for the military.

Old 11-02-2018, 12:25 PM

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

This coming Wednesday we're leaving the Chicago area and flying to Auckland, New Zealand, where we'll catch another flight and spend a couple of weeks on the South Island. Will keep an eye out for Hobbits, Orcs, Elves, Dwarves, Nazgul, etc..
Planning on hiking, cycling, stargazing, wildlife-watching, and just experiencing the people and the place and taking in as many of the sights and as much of the scenery as possible. No car, though...all transport will be by bus, train, bicycle, or foot. (The last time I rented a car overseas I was rewarded with a traffic ticket a couple of weeks after I arrived home. Of course, it was written entirely in German). This could very well be the best trip that we've ever taken, and we're really looking forward to it!
Old 11-02-2018, 12:51 PM

Received 1,441 Likes on 782 Posts

Originally Posted by Legal Bill
Which one are you?
He is the tall one. If you attended more events, you could meet him in person!
Old 11-03-2018, 04:47 AM

Received 117 Likes on 78 Posts

Wanda Sykes on Sunday evening.
Old 11-03-2018, 04:47 AM

Received 117 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffreygebhart
This coming Wednesday we're leaving the Chicago area and flying to Auckland, New Zealand, where we'll catch another flight and spend a couple of weeks on the South Island. Will keep an eye out for Hobbits, Orcs, Elves, Dwarves, Nazgul, etc..
Planning on hiking, cycling, stargazing, wildlife-watching, and just experiencing the people and the place and taking in as many of the sights and as much of the scenery as possible. No car, though...all transport will be by bus, train, bicycle, or foot. (The last time I rented a car overseas I was rewarded with a traffic ticket a couple of weeks after I arrived home. Of course, it was written entirely in German). This could very well be the best trip that we've ever taken, and we're really looking forward to it!
sounds like a great trip!

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?