S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?

Old 11-17-2018, 02:05 PM

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,628 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Looks like we have some grandkid transport duty this weekend. Grandddaughter is saving her $ to replace car she had an accident with, son and daughter in law working similar shifts. I'll be on soccer duty, Rick may need to pick granddaughter up after she finishes her shift on Saturday. We have dinner (Italian) with friends on Saturday evening.

This is the weekend where local artist open up their studios which are situated in an old mill building. I've been the last two years but may not have time this weekend. There is also a craft show and this company will be selling their "wares." I bought a pendant from them this summer and I would not mind another piece of jewelry. It's unique. I may try to make the trip to check out the craft show where they will be.
rlr custom dichroic glass pendants, RLR Custom Glass Pendants Milford, MA Home
No soccer duty, fields too wet. Went to the Y, headed to craft show, OMG, jammed. I found one parking place and it was not S2000 appropriate. . At that point it didn't matter I didn't feel like being in such a crowded place.

Came home and got some things done around the house. Not sure if I'll get to the open studios tomorrow or not. Headed out to dinner in a bit.
Old 11-18-2018, 03:51 AM

Received 705 Likes on 477 Posts

That seafood platter looks yummy. Getting the house ready to sell. Goes on the market on Tuesday. Wish me luck.
Old 11-18-2018, 05:03 AM

Received 1,104 Likes on 700 Posts

Good luck selling your house.
Yesterday I sold my E350 to a lady that really really wanted it. It was her dream car, and she is thrilled. Never made an offer, just gave me asking price.
Boy selling a car is not fun. I had so many scammers call or email. A few tried to sell me car reports, (like Carfax), only I think some of them take your money and don't give you anything in return.
In the end, it was a sign in the car window that did the trick. Drove the car to the golf course and was playing golf when I got a phone call from a guy also golfing, said his girlfriend would really like my car. And she did.
Old 11-18-2018, 05:35 AM

Received 4,961 Likes on 3,005 Posts

Originally Posted by Morris
Good luck selling your house.
Yesterday I sold my E350 to a lady that really really wanted it. It was her dream car, and she is thrilled. Never made an offer, just gave me asking price.
Boy selling a car is not fun. I had so many scammers call or email. A few tried to sell me car reports, (like Carfax), only I think some of them take your money and don't give you anything in return.
In the end, it was a sign in the car window that did the trick. Drove the car to the golf course and was playing golf when I got a phone call from a guy also golfing, said his girlfriend would really like my car. And she did.
Yeah, it is a bit of pain selling a car yourself but it beats getting screwed by a dealership.
Old 11-18-2018, 05:37 AM

We've started putting up Christmas decorations inside, since its snowing outside.
Old 11-18-2018, 01:39 PM

My other plans for this weekend was to shore up my defense against Mickey Mouse. I have four ultra high pitched noise makers plugged in all the time in the garage and a couple cat food tins with mice poison. But since its easy to blow over the tins during the summer time I add the backups now... like four more, plus a spring trap with cheese, and another spring trap with peanut butter. Yeah, I don't take any chances, as they love a heated garage! Got it done and put a couple tins of poison in the house garage where I park the truck.
Old 11-18-2018, 01:53 PM

Received 3,520 Likes on 2,381 Posts

do the four ultra high noise makers work dave?
Old 11-18-2018, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by boltonblue
do the four ultra high noise makers work dave?
Yes, as far as I can tell they do work. While I see evidence of field mice in the roof insulation and cold storage areas both attached and unattached around it, there is no evidence of any coming into the actual heated garage area.
Old 11-19-2018, 02:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dlq04
My other plans for this weekend was to shore up my defense against Mickey Mouse. I have four ultra high pitched noise makers plugged in all the time in the garage and a couple cat food tins with mice poison. But since its easy to blow over the tins during the summer time I add the backups now... like four more, plus a spring trap with cheese, and another spring trap with peanut butter. Yeah, I don't take any chances, as they love a heated garage! Got it done and put a couple tins of poison in the house garage where I park the truck.
My friend used a spring trap in her kitchen to catch a pesky mouse. When she checked the trap in the morning for the rotten vermin there were just 2 severed front feet on the trap. From then on she left little pieces of cheese every night for little 'Stumpy'
Old 11-24-2018, 01:24 PM

Received 464 Likes on 396 Posts

Tomorrow,Christstollen and Sachertorte.

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?