S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?

Old 10-28-2017, 09:42 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
unreal how low that sits
Grass was freshly cut at 3".
Old 10-28-2017, 12:24 PM

Received 2,993 Likes on 1,664 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
Sorry to hear about your foot. I hope you heal fast. Remember RICE! Rest, ice, bourbon, wait, that’s not right...

Color progression after 44 hours.

My lovely, Leo. He's been sleeping and purring on my pillow next to me.
The first night was rest, ice, wine, out. Last night was rest, ice, elevate, Tylenol with 30 mg of codeine X2, out. The body aches from bouncing off the ground have increased. That's what the two codeine pills were for.
Old 10-28-2017, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by dlq04
Patricia that sure looks nasty considering those boots looked so sturdy. Best you stay with those silly looking bikes in the future. And, finally, follow the doc's advise as bones don't heal up as quickly as they did when you're younger.
Yeah, when my ElliptiGO gave me a bouncing body slam in December 2011, nothing was broken. My back was out of wack and I had occasion leg spasms, though. It was during a turn, too.
Old 10-29-2017, 02:20 AM

Received 2,596 Likes on 1,571 Posts

^ Are you still in CA?

More good times at the HS reunion dinner last night. Saw a few more people. The farthest traveled were from WA and CA. Other states represented included AL, NY, WI, MI, VA, TX, NJ, VT, FL, and OH. Some of our very talented and funny musicians/singers performed. We all sang a tribute song to those classmates who are no longer with us. Today a few of us are meeting for breakfast for one last hurrah.

Last edited by MsPerky; 10-29-2017 at 02:31 AM.
Old 10-30-2017, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by MsPerky
^ Are you still in CA?
Yes. I'm pretty much stuck here. Cast was put on today for "my comfort." Three broken bones in my foot and a probable cracked/bruised rib. My foot has slightly improved as my rib has gotten worse. Could be the crutches. Sneezing, deep breaths and turning have gotten more painful. Two weeks of the cast to still my foot as it heals. Then a strap on boot/brace. I had planned on being to Richfield, Utah by tonight and to Loveland tomorrow. Now, I'm hoping to drive to Loveland before Thanksgiving and flying back for my six week recheck.
Old 10-30-2017, 04:39 PM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Patty, I've only just looked at this thread. I had no idea that you had had an accident. I am so sorry. I hope your recovery goes well and however difficult it is, do give yourself plenty of time off from all the things you do and all the things you want to do.
Old 10-31-2017, 01:54 AM

Yikes, Patty. Yeah, ribs can be very painful. I had a friend who was in a cycling accident and broke his collarbone and a couple of ribs, too, I think. It was not fun. What I can see of your foot does look better. Look at it as every day that goes by puts you one day closer to getting back to CO.
Old 10-31-2017, 01:58 AM

Tomorrow night we are having dinner with my SIL and her son (my nephew) and family that recently moved here. SIL then leaves to return to AZ. You remember my pics of those two adorable little girls. Sat from 8-1 we are babysitting those two girls (ages almost 3 and just turned 1) from 8-1 while the wife goes to the orientation she missed when my nephew started his new job. I hope we get plenty of instructions!

Last edited by MsPerky; 10-31-2017 at 02:00 AM.
Old 10-31-2017, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by MsPerky
Yikes, Patty. Yeah, ribs can be very painful. I had a friend who was in a cycling accident and broke his collarbone and a couple of ribs, too, I think. It was not fun. What I can see of your foot does look better. Look at it as every day that goes by puts you one day closer to getting back to CO.

Whatever is going on with my rib is minor compared to a truly broken one. It is tolerable but makes me pissy. As far as what to do with this down time, I bought this Great Courses 6 disc set months ago and this is the perfect time to open it up. I never felt like I got a good grasp on calculus when I took it 40ish years ago.

Last edited by Kyras; 10-31-2017 at 06:57 PM.
Old 10-31-2017, 06:04 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras

Yes. I'm pretty much stuck here. Cast was put on today for "my comfort." Three broken bones in my foot and a probable cracked/bruised rib. My foot has slightly improved as my rib has gotten worse. Could be the crutches. Sneezing, deep breaths and turning have gotten more painful. Two weeks of the cast to still my foot as it heals. Then a strap on boot/brace. I had planned on being to Richfield, Utah by tonight and to Loveland tomorrow. Now, I'm hoping to drive to Loveland before Thanksgiving and flying back for my six week recheck.
Patty, you bought a house for your leg and foot! Should be pretty safe in there! I hope you heal up soon.

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?