S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?

Old 04-09-2018, 03:55 AM

Received 3,548 Likes on 2,398 Posts

Was busy, picked up the new appliances friday night. ( also just happened to stop by and see a car bill doesn't like anymore)
Saturday got the ovens installed, the bottom oven is a convection oven.
The top is a combo microwave convection oven.

Then on Sunday morning I got the new induction cooktop installed. complete with all of the chaos from the install

new hardwood for the floors come today.
That will be next weeks adventure.
Old 04-09-2018, 04:19 AM

Received 2,608 Likes on 1,580 Posts

Sat night we are seeing a Queen cover band. Should be great.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:13 AM

Received 1,104 Likes on 700 Posts

We have a black induction cooktop like yours (except it's Kitchenaid). Get some Cerama Bryte to keep it clean. Scratches easy, I think.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:50 AM

Received 194 Likes on 167 Posts

Dave Nicholas in Honey Bee seems to own every track he goes to.
I think Dave is a former NASCAR driver.

In a 15 lap sprint race, he's usually bearing down on me at about lap 12. The (unwritten) deal is that I'm supposed to move and let him through, while momentarily blocking the other cars in the leader pack - usually Alfas. Two years ago, I was in a race of my own when the lead pack came up behind me. Unfortunately, given small rear view mirrors, I accidentally let the the car I was dicing with through, never able to catch him thereafter.

This past winter, Dave was encouraging all of us to get fiberglass fenders for the weight savings. As far as I could tell, most of the MGA drivers in the email chains decided to pass and stick with the steel fenders.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:59 AM

Received 3,025 Likes on 1,677 Posts

I'm flying to Cali on Thursday for a week. Ricky and I are planning to go motorcycle riding in the desert and then up to my place in Kennedy Meadows. Leo is staying home. He's been travel-tortured enough this year, already.
Old 04-09-2018, 12:55 PM

Received 5,015 Likes on 3,031 Posts

Originally Posted by blueosprey90
I think Dave is a former NASCAR driver.

In a 15 lap sprint race, he's usually bearing down on me at about lap 12. The (unwritten) deal is that I'm supposed to move and let him through, while momentarily blocking the other cars in the leader pack - usually Alfas. Two years ago, I was in a race of my own when the lead pack came up behind me. Unfortunately, given small rear view mirrors, I accidentally let the the car I was dicing with through, never able to catch him thereafter.

This past winter, Dave was encouraging all of us to get fiberglass fenders for the weight savings. As far as I could tell, most of the MGA drivers in the email chains decided to pass and stick with the steel fenders.
The top runners are always looking for an edge. I was chatting with a buddy this weekend. He said he went through four Prather engines before he retired. I thought they ran about $12k; he said his first one did, then they went up about $2k more with each new purchase. He was telling me some of the tricks that Prather did; and of course, that's what you pay for. The real kick in the pants, and I remember when it happened, he only got 8 hours out of a engine before it went bang!
Old 04-09-2018, 08:45 PM

Received 3,025 Likes on 1,677 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
Sat night we are seeing a Queen cover band. Should be great.
That I'd love to see! I have nostalgia for Queen.
Old 04-10-2018, 06:14 AM

Received 2,796 Likes on 1,638 Posts

Jerry, you've got yourself a heck of a project going on. It's going to look great!

This weekend we head south. First part of the week doesn't look like beach weather, but it will warm up later in the week. As long as it's not a wash out, we will not complain. It will certainly be warmer in SC than in MA. We are not looking forward to the drive. Generally, we skip a year or two between the longer, rather unpleasant rides for vacation. However, the granddaughter wanted to do something on her vacation and this is in the budget. Rick and I are a couple of pushovers when it comes to this young lady. We will take the time with her while we can get it. We will have time with her brother in June.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:19 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The wife and I are off to Mexico this Saturday for ten days. Plan on visiting several Mayan and Aztec ruins throughout the country in order to satisfy a few of my antiquity needs.
Old 04-11-2018, 04:49 PM

Received 1,423 Likes on 772 Posts

Ken and I are going up to Nanuet on Friday to scout out the drive, etc. Hope my plotted drive route measures up.

Kinchley's is a distinct possibility for dinner.

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?