S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Winter Warrior

Old 04-09-2006, 05:30 PM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

I feel the same way that Val feels. I won't take it out in the snow, I won't even take it out in the rain, but if the sun is out, and the roads are clear, the top comes down and the S comes out. The coldest top down I've had was 17*F. Exhilarating.

I keep it insured and ready to roll all year.
Old 04-09-2006, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Val -- What's a "Diamond Member"?

(Maybe this came up before, but I forgot.)

In the context of that long discussion on S2000 Talk, though, it takes on new interest. Is it a higher, unpublicized membership level? Or are you such a good overall person that you just got awarded it? () Or what? HPH
Old 04-09-2006, 05:45 PM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Originally Posted by DrCloud,Apr 9 2006, 08:35 PM

In the context of that long discussion on S2000 Talk, though, it takes on new interest. Is it a higher, unpublicized membership level? Or are you such a good overall person that you just got awarded it? () Or what? HPH
Chaz,

It's funny that you started this thread today. Today was the first time I put gas in the S since December 3rd. I've been using the Si almost exclusively to go to an from work and only using the S on the weekends.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:19 PM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Well, the weather's been nice a few times over the past month or so, and I've been watching people post about how much they miss their cars... I can relate.

I haven't been using the S every day, but I think the car was only in the garage for maybe 3 weeks at the longest stretch of winter.

Best of luck in the home stretch for tax season, Rob.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:43 PM

Received 463 Likes on 273 Posts

I just took the winter tires (Dunlop M-2's) off a few days ago. Now that my S is no longer my daily driver she has become somewhat of a "garage queen". I do have to say that I enjoy seeing her tucked in under her cover when she is clean enough to put it on.

When the sun is shining on week ends I will drop the top, fire up the heat and get some "funny looks".

My office building is oversold and the management company restriped and resized the parking garage and it is a zoo. So I know longer will be taking her to work for fear of door dings as the spots are only 82" wide.

With 64,949 miles in under thirty-five months, it is nice to keep some miles off of her since last November. As we plan on keeping her as long as we can keep her running.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:00 PM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

, Matt!!!
Old 04-10-2006, 08:10 AM

Received 729 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by DrCloud,Apr 9 2006, 08:35 PM

A diamond member does not yet exist. CThree gave me that distinction when I sent him a message asking if he had done anything toward upgrading memberships to a higher level before I renewed back in Feb. His answer was what more could I want? So I told him a diamond membership since diamonds are a gal's best friend. It was all in jest, but there had been some chitchat about lifetime memberships or platinum memberships, etc., it just hasn't yet come to fruition. Anyway, when I renewed my gold membership back in Feb, he rewarded me with the diamond membership even though it is actually the same as gold. I feel very special and appreciate his humor a great deal.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by valentine,Apr 10 2006, 10:10 AM
A diamond member does not yet exist. CThree gave me that distinction when I sent him a message asking if he had done anything toward upgrading memberships to a higher level before I renewed back in Feb. His answer was what more could I want? So I told him a diamond membership since diamonds are a gal's best friend. It was all in jest, but there had been some chitchat about lifetime memberships or platinum memberships, etc., it just hasn't yet come to fruition. Anyway, when I renewed my gold membership back in Feb, he rewarded me with the diamond membership even though it is actually the same as gold. I feel very special and appreciate his humor a great deal.
You ARE a diamond!
Old 04-10-2006, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by ralper,Apr 9 2006, 07:30 PM
I feel the same way that Val feels. I won't take it out in the snow, I won't even take it out in the rain, but if the sun is out, and the roads are clear, the top comes down and the S comes out. The coldest top down I've had was 17*F. Exhilarating.

I keep it insured and ready to roll all year.
I'll never forget the first time your baby got caught in the rain at one of our meets and how we teased you about not even knowing where the wiper switch was. Priceless memories!
Old 04-10-2006, 08:29 AM

I'm a WW, like Val et all, as long as the ground is clear I'm out every sunny day I can get solar therapy. I used to cut-off at 40, but now it's down to 30. Thankfuly spring is finally here, and had some intoxicating drives already.

Quick Reply: Winter Warrior