S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

**Wash and Wax, I NEED YOUR HELP**

Old 09-09-2007, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

E-mailing 303 tonight, going to post their reply tomorrow when I get the e-mail, or after I get off work.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i guess you can get plexiglass and mold it to the contours of the dash and just mount it somehow. You can tell the next person who owns it, its a very speical sig.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:52 PM

Plexi would just protect it from getting scratched, I would be more worried about it getting worn off by cleaners and such. I would think a liquid surface coating product would work better, because the Plexi could vibrate, and rub the sig right off

Edit: You could try some Hot Glue, or even Epoxy...

Or the mother of all ideas... Get your dashboard clear coated....
Old 09-09-2007, 09:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

getting some good ideas...
Old 09-10-2007, 02:47 AM

Maybe you could try putting a thin layer of clear film over it, and then VERY CAREFULLY, using something like a razor blade, cut around the outlines of the signature, enough to go through the film, but not damage the dashboard.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:38 AM

If you did put a film over it, you would have a non-uniform smooth spot on your dash that would not look right. Your whole dash would have a certain texture and look that this one spot wouldn't have. I would go for some sort of chemical application over the entire dash. Hence the lacquer idea, but I'm not sure how it would perform.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:03 AM

I think the problem with a chemical (i.e. laquer) covering over the whole dash would be preparing the surface for adhesion. All of the protectant would need to be removed until the surface was prepped, and if you did that on the sig area, it would surely damage or remove it. I think a local covering is your best bet. You may need to mold it off of another dash to avoid damaging the sig. Depending on what type of paint pen was used, it may be destroyed by the solvents in a laquer as well.

Good luck!
Old 09-10-2007, 06:15 AM

Okay, I have an idea. What we need to do is to put a piece of tracing paper over the sig and trace an outline of it. Then, make paths out of the tracing in Illustrator and have clear vinyl cut out that is an exact copy of the sig (with a little extra overhanging the sig for protection) Then, you could spray water on the dash and put the vinyl cutout over the sig and move it around until it is just where you want it and squeege it down. If it worked out, the sig would then just get a gloss covering over it and not a square window that would look much more out of place.

The dealbreaker will be finding a clear vinyl material that would work. what do you think about them apples?
Old 09-10-2007, 06:35 AM

Clear coat FTW.

Would the leather expert have any idea's?
Old 09-10-2007, 07:07 AM

Just got off the phone with 303 (They called me) and said that using their protectant on the dash, over the marker, wouldn't be a good idea, because 303 contains distilled water, which helps clean the surface.

I still think a clear coat would be the best option.

Quick Reply: **Wash and Wax, I NEED YOUR HELP**