S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

anyone have experience with Zaino & Klasse AIO?

Old 07-02-2006, 07:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone have experience with Zaino & Klasse AIO?

I can't decide which to try. I here good things about both. I am not as anal as some on the board, just want a great, long lasting, and protective shine with the least amount of work. Probably too much to ask. At this point I don't have a PC. Do I need to get one to accomplish these goals?
Old 07-02-2006, 12:09 PM

I've used both and it sounds like you'd be happy with Klasse if you're looking for ease/durability. Zaino is great, but it is a process. AIO is literally wipe on and wipe off. Very good finish and protection.

I would also suggest going with something to top the AIO. Klasse SG works well in tandem. Not as deep/rich as the Zaino, but it is also quick and very durable. You might also consider Menzerma FMJ. I haven't used it, but I probably will in the future.

FWIW, you can also top Klasse with a decent carnauba wax (Meguiars 26 or something better) for a deeper shine.

Also, I never use my PC for any of the mentioned options.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:20 PM

Received 325 Likes on 275 Posts

Old 07-02-2006, 01:56 PM

Are you saying top the SG with carnuba or the AIO? I have Zymol, that I use now, I could try topping it with that, right?

So AIO, followed by SG, followed by carnuba

or

AIO followed by carnuba
Old 07-02-2006, 02:35 PM

Works either way. It's just a matter of how many steps you want to take and how much $ you want to invest in product.

SG enahnces shine and the durability of the AIO and the the carnauba adds further depth/warmth.

If you're not a stickler, you will probably find the AIO/SG combo to your liking. I've got that combo on my Sebring S2K and also use it on black and blue finishes with much satisfaction. I can fully AIO/SG my s2k in about 20-30 minutes. It's not show car finish, but better than 98% of anything else I see on the road.

Ease of use/durabilty = AIO/SG = 6 months (you can layer SG to boost shine)

More warmth/depth = AIO/Carnauba = rewax in 60 days (AIO again in 4 months)

Zymol will work as a topper as long as it is a wax and doesn't have any "cleaners" in it (I have zero experience with the Zymol line).

Later.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:40 PM

Thanks! The Klasse sounds like the way to go. Do you know anything about the vinyl top care? I was going to use 303 protectant. Do I need the 303 cleaner too.
Also, what are you using for your leather? It sounds like the Zaino product works well and renews the leather smell.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:57 PM

Glad I can help. Put the Klasse products on thin (especially the SG).

I'm a big fan of 303 protectant for the top (interior as well). The sun down here is vicious, but I've never had a UV issue with anything I've treated with 303.

I really think regular wash soap and a soft brush does the trick for cleaning. Then again, I rarely see anything other than blistering sun, the increasingly rare thunderstorm, or bird bombs.

I use Lexol for the leather, but I've only heard good things about the Zaino leather products.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:22 PM

hi I'm also usisng klasse AIO, but I'm not using SG, is it worth it to do it?
Old 07-02-2006, 06:37 PM

The SG bumps the shine up a notch.

More importantly, it really improves the protection of the AIO. My other two vehicles are always outside, yet I get really good protection after 5-6 months. It could probably even go a little further.
Old 07-02-2006, 07:07 PM

Applying Klasse by machine
Here is some helpful tips for you guys . Also on the site is how to apply without machine .
Stick to Raggtop for the top because the 303 tends to run off the top onto the paint for the next two car washes!

Quick Reply: anyone have experience with Zaino & Klasse AIO?