S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

black is tough,help

Old 03-10-2001, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've owned several black vehicals,but none I wanted to keep more pristine than my stook..My question is about fine swirls and scratches in direct sunlight.I have used zaino since I bought the car,and used z-5 for fill in,but am a perfectionist,anyone have experience with z-5,comments,and/or is there any other way of eliminating swirls without rubbing out.Use fieldcrest towels,cotton mitt,california blade..Thanks..ps.any black owners especially..
Old 03-13-2001, 06:04 AM

Check out the LS1 site:
http://www.ls1.com/ls1forum/ls1_forum_main.htm

These guys are really into detailing and have tons of tricks on getting swirls out.
Old 03-13-2001, 06:59 AM

Sorry, I can't help with the black questions, yet. I recently got some Zaino but it hasn't been warm enough to use it yet. Just wanted to thank Mr. Bill for that link to the LS1 forum. (I haven't checked other car forums because I spend all my internet time here ) They have a lot of detailing discussions there--- pretty interesting.
Old 03-13-2001, 08:49 AM

Just don't let them know you drive a S2000, they will be all over you...
Old 03-13-2001, 01:02 PM

Thanks Mr.Bill,I think I am going to stay with Zaino,but a more agressive program with the z-5,am happy with the other products..I told salesman not to touch the car before delivery,well was deliverd a car with lot of imperfections in the paint,they must have washed it with sand paper,pretty sorry state of affairs,especially with such a beautiful car,and a company that has such a following..Thanks again..
Old 03-13-2001, 04:53 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by blk 4846
[B]I have used zaino since I bought the car,and used z-5 for fill in,but am a perfectionist,anyone have experience with z-5,comments,and/or is there any other way of eliminating swirls without rubbing out.Use fieldcrest towels,cotton mitt,california blade..Thanks..ps.any black owners especially..
Old 03-14-2001, 05:37 AM

My car is red and I also use the Z stuff. I have Z5 for swirls but it doesnt seem to do that much. I also have the 3M swirl remover that Sal Z recommends. That works better but under the correct lighting you still see some minor swirls. I have learned to live with them since they dont show most of the time. Other than that I love Z. Very easy to use. You can get really nuts over this if you wanted to!
Old 03-14-2001, 12:29 PM

Thanks Mavic and Bill,maybe Ill try 3-M since Sal reccomends it..Mavic,I didn't think white(or silver)showed as much,but I guess you know how it feels on delivery,just wonder how Acura handles the NSX sometimes,that would be a bit(h after putting up the nut for one of those,and coming out less than perfect...Spring is Coming
Old 03-14-2001, 12:32 PM

Thanks Mavic and Bill,maybe Ill try 3-M since Sal reccomends it..Mavic,I didn't think white(or silver)showed as much,wasn't sure,but I guess you know how it feels on delivery,just wonder how Acura handles the NSX sometimes,that would be a bit(h after putting up the nut for one of those,and coming out less than perfect...Spring is Coming
Old 03-23-2001, 10:45 PM

It maybe the cotton mitt. I bought one back in 94 for my first car and noticed the mitt was causing the fine scratches. I threw it away after using it once. After reading my Meguiars catalog, I decided to try a chenile sponge from Pep Boys. The chenile material works, I won't use anything else to wash a vehicle with. After you continue to polish and wax your car while you use a chenile sponge or mitt the scratches will eventually disappear over time.
For my new Stook I now use a chenile mitt that I got from Autozone to wash her off with. Also when drying off your Stook use a chamois or an synthetic Absorber. While using a detailing spray I use a soft and fluffy towel. Meguiar's Professional detailer spray (called Final Inspection I believe)in the brown bottle seems to make the car attract less dust. It is paintable compared to the Quick Detail version so it probably doesn't contain silicone.

Richard

Quick Reply: black is tough,help